German camouflage patterns

An issue of minor historical meaning, yes, but still one of my personal hobby horses. I searched the forum/archive but couldn’t find any threat to deal with this issue in detail. I’d like to hear opinions of favourites among all the different kinds and sub-kinds and posting a couple of photos would be fine too. Anyone agrees?

I agree, lets do some camo. Lets see they mostly used a forest camo or wear the regular grey. Here is a pic of what seems to be a digital kind of camo, but mostly just dots.

I dont know German too good so someoe translate this?

Heeres-Splittermuster_45
That is my favourite camo pattern,also the waffen ss contrive and use first the camouflage pattern under WW2 as I know.

This coat would be very good in the winter

Yo, RifleMan. This uniform is a real beauty and worth a fortune if you own an original one! It’s a late-war peadot pattern. The unit is the SS-Freiwilligenlegion “Nederland” (dutch volunteers).

Yes, imi. The Waffen-SS has been the first unit to use camo uniforms world wide. They started in 1937, inventor was Prof. Johann Georg Otto Schick but SS-Obersturmbannführer Dr. Wim Brandt (1900-1941) developed the guidelines for the use of camo clothings.
This well-known Splittertarn respectively Splintertarn (engl. version of the term) was used by Heer units, Luftwaffe foeld divisions and paratroopers.

My pleasure: Plane tree pattern (autumn respectively summer color).
The german plane tree pattern (=Platanenmuster) is the oldest dotted camouflage pattern in the world and was produced between 1937 and 1942.

Another one of my favourites: The early war Palmen-Muster (palm tree pattern) in summer version:

^^^^^
I like that camo. I could wear that all day, especially that one that imi posted.

my favorite is the pea-dot. Looks nice on TAMIYA models.

Here’s a link to replica German camo uniforms from WW2. All pictured in full colour. They seem very accurate colourwise and in their patterns.
http://www.zeugmeisterei.com/cms/en/index.php?pageid=157&nr=0d6d698d99a591358d3be86cbe8bbbf6

Here they even show the “Leibertarn”-pattern of the last months of the war, it was meant to replace all other camo patterns and was supposed to work even at night and with infra red vision:

Authentic pictures of this camo pattern are very rare, I just know this one and it’s not in very good quality either:

http://i38.tinypic.com/vr7ms8.jpg
This is for flame(this isn’t a camo,but hope You like it)
Only for 4200 euro

Yes, I like it, but it’s a little to expensive for me to collect, I am afraid. Must be one of those U-boat uniforms delivered to tank crews of 1st and 12th SS-Panzer-divisions, right?

Nope,this is a protect suit for flamethowerguys :slight_smile:

Allright, I know these but I had them in my mind to be more gray than black…

Alo interesting. the “Sumpftarn” pattern (tan pattern). Used since 1943 for Panzergrenadiers and snipers, also for the hungarian ally who used it still after the war. From 1951 re-established by the western german “Bundesgrenzschutz” (German border police).

Thats awesome, i like that pattern.

Hi I’m interested in buying a SS tunic especially the pea dot kind, can someone give me a link of where to purchase them. I’ve seen the other SS camo jacket for $150 but not the pea dot kind.

A model I made depicting the Camo.
Obersturmfurer Fritz Reinhardt