German Death Cards

WWII German Soldier Death Cards
Webshots album: WWII German Soldier Death Cards
by: summitphotographics
http://news.webshots.com/album/550833582IQxGgf

I am doing this following a request from one of our members. The owner of the webshots album above has apparently adjusted the settings for his albums so that the images cannot be downloaded. There may be a way to get around this, but I am not a hacker. I did use the “printscreen” - paste to paint - crop image - method to reproduce the following images. I believe there are about 116 death cards in the album, so reproducing all of them may take some time. But, here are the first four for a start.

German Soldier Death Card - Kreil, Josef

German Soldier Death Card - Auer, Herrn Hans (2140)

German Soldier Death Card - Greifinger, Alois (2163)

German Soldier Death Card - Hausler, Hermann (2190)

Interesting documents, thanks.

Hi, nice site, you can get the pics with a klick on “view full size picture” (under the pic)
Then you can save it.

Edit:
Link deleted…

Hi,

Thanks, but I tried that last night. It would only save it to my Webshots photo manager for my wallpaper on my desktop (which is in a different format and I believe still linked to the webshots site). I could not get it to download to my hard drive as an image file (ie: jpg, bmp, etc.).

However, I tried it again this afternoon and they are downloading just fine. That’s strange.

Thanks for the advise.

Since the images seem to download fine from the original Webshots album posted above, there really is no need to duplicate them further on this thread.

I will just leave it at the four that I have posted so far.

Interesting that all four men fell on the Eastern Front.

The second one, unless I’m mistaken, is Hans Auer.

Thanks for the post.

JT

You’re right. Made the correction. Thanks for pointing that out.

What is the point of a “death card”?

Did the deceased’s family have them made to hand out or were they like post cards?

good to know they all died a heroic death (“Heldentod”) :frowning:

jens

Hello!

Here is a couple of Russian death letters taken from this site: http://www.soldat.ru/doc/original/

And this is a german report for a Russian POW death:

excellent cards gentlemen ! I have a few myself, would it be possible for me to post as well on this thread ?

E ~

oh what the heck, here goes nothing … a rare one if ever found. Sepp Sattlers death notice. An excellent pilot that was killed flying the Ta 152H in Stab./JG 301. In action with Tempests he shot one down on the date of his death and his engine froze up like an iceberg and dropped like a stone to the ground from mid-altitude. There has never been a true official cause to the accident and his death except engine/blower malfunction …

a Bordfünker killed while on his base of NJG 5

here we go another chap ;

this time a Stug Kommandeur …

I actually have a few of these of several branches of the Wehrmacht . Here a Kriegsmarine soldat