German weapons in korean war?

Did American actually use capture germany new planes, tanks or any weapon on the war of korea? what weapon did they use?
Me 262? X-4 missiles ?
FW-190? thanks for the info

I don’t think they used any German equipment for anything other than research to develop in future. They had more than enough of their own manufacturing companies to supply their needs.

American ammunition etc. is all imperial measurements so they would have had to adapt which wouldn’t be worthwhile.

do you think the remaining of the german weapon can be used by the allies to protect western germany against Soviet?

Well they really didn’t need any of the german weapon because they already had mountains of guns&ammo which were produced during WW2.USA gave most of them away;entire Turkish force used them in Korea.Even my uncle,who served in Turkish Armed Forces in 70s,trained with M1 Garands and told me that there were crates of these weapons,never even fired once.

Im wouldnt think that German equipment was used during the Korean war. But i can tell you that there concepts and technology were used.

I hawe not any idea how captured German’s hevy weapon was used after WWII, but i know for sure few facts:
MP 43/STG44 was used pretty long time in East Germany and Yugoslavia as paratroopers and military police weapon.
Walther P 38 was used both Germans as army/police sidearm, East Germany late refused this handgun in favor of PM (Pistolet Makarova), West Germany still use P-38 (a bit changed during afterwar produsing, 'corse) in non combat parts of Bundesver.
Walther PP and PPK was used in USSR as sidearm of Diplomatic Post Security till 1975.
A lots of C-98 still in use in post-USSR space as hunter rifle, i saw also C-98 fabrically re-barreled for 9 mm catriges. And, i guess, lots and lots of C-98 still in stores as “strategical reserv” somewhere in Russia.
Crates of MP 38/40, C-98, StG44 was sent with company of PPSH, PPS, SVT and AVS and other old Soviet guns in Cuba and Korea (and i guess in China too) as “war help”.

As for German hevy weapon:
Pz.4 were used 1964- in Siria(“war for water”) by Sirian army (together with T-34-85), for a long time by army of Finland, and in Africa.

At the Silent Wings Museum, Lubbock, TX, we have a WW2 German Nebelwerfer 41 w/ a Russian tire on it. No ideas.

The IAF (Israel) used ME109’s in 1948, they bought em from Spain. Kind of Ironic that they used German planes.

they also used T-34 against Egypt’s JS-3 tank

Yep, good ol’ T-34s

I’m never heard about that Israel bought Me109 in Spain, but IAF was using in large nuber Avia S-199. Avia S-199 was Czechoslovakia version Me-109 built after war.

I agree with the others. In Korea, the US used Sherman and Patton tanks (American), and the planes used were mostly P-51 Mustangs and Corsairs, but jets used in low numbers (all American).

They were collected and destroyed by the Americans. Germany was dissarmed. Those weapons which remain are few, and they are mostly in museums or owned by private individuals.

Not sure what you mean by concepts, but if you mean warfare tactics, you would be incorrect. Korea was a very different kind of battlefield and the Noth Koreans proved to be a more deadly, better armed, and more tenatious enemy than the Germans were in WWII. If you meant jet engine planes…

The jet airplane was developed by the United States, Britain and Germany independantly and at the same time. Germany simply tried using them in war first. The US had a jet airplane by 1942, and a war servicable jet fighter by 1944, but they were not built in enough numbers in time to use them for the expected invasion of Japan.

Early US jet fighters:

Mid to late 1940’s:

Mid 1950’s:

http://f-86.tripod.com/fj1.html

I suggest all of you to come back to the topic.

Agreed Dani.

Topic Split. Moved most of the posts to The Jet Engine.

K Accidently moved this topic to the book forum. Ill move it to General WW2 when i get the chance.

i have to disagree with you on that, soviet did use their mig-15 in korean war

Well, they were officially North Koreans and “Chinese Volunteers”…
Besides which, some Meteors also saw action in the air-to-ground role (they were too obselete to tangle with the MiG-15s, although they would beat everything else), IIRC with the RAAF.

Sure they did. :smiley: But most of Migs in Korea was China-made licensed copyes of Mig 15.
Finally one North Korean pilot escaped to South Korea with he’s MiG 15 and USA get brand-new soviet airplane.

Btw in Korea at commy’s side was used old soviet biplanes Po 2, and it was real nightmare - 'cos that old biplanes was used mostly in nighttime. Americans don’t have any idea - what to do with that old thing, slow and low-flyeing but hard dieng (hard to drop down airplan maked from wood and textile, flying about 1,5-2 meters higher trees spires at speed about 120 km/h)- Mustangs and especially jets was useless against Po 2, they just hawe enough time to aim and stike it enogh ('cos Po-2 can take a lot bullets though and will be still in air).
Finally helicopters was used against it - with same speed and same extremally super-low flyight capability.
Thats old biplans was used in WWII to - as night bombers and scout-plane - rotary engine don’t make a lot noise and that plane was usable to drop grenades right in blindage’s chimney… soviet pilots (Po-2 crews during WWII usually was a wimen) caled that night-bombings actions “Trating to nazi an pork chops”.
Firstly nazi’s called that biplane as “coffee grinder” and “russian veneer” but after time for each exterminated Po-2 nazi’s commands payd 5000 rm and gived “Iron kross” medal…

I agree with the others. In Korea, the US used Sherman and Patton tanks (American), and the planes used were mostly P-51 Mustangs and Corsairs, but jets used in low numbers (all American).[/quote]

i have to disagree with you on that, soviet did use their mig-15 in korean war[/quote]

What what what??? The Korean war was the classic battle between the MiG 15 and the F-86 Sabre. You can say what you want about both planes but it came out to a stalemate. IMHO. And many others they were pretty much equal. IRONMAN what is up with the Cosairs and the P-51’s. Like looking at the flea circus while the elephants are walking the wire. :slight_smile:

Well, they were officially North Koreans and “Chinese Volunteers”…
Besides which, some Meteors also saw action in the air-to-ground role (they were too obselete to tangle with the MiG-15s, although they would beat everything else), IIRC with the RAAF.[/quote]

The RAAF Metrors claim 3 Mig 17s, but your right mostly used in ground support.