Glock pistol safety system?

Never seen one close up, so don’t know.

Do most 9mm Glocks have a sort of central small trigger within the trigger that is the safety, which has to be depressed to enable the trigger to be pulled to fire?

If so, isn’t there a risk that it’ll fire if the trigger is snagged accidentally?

Doesn’t seem as safe as a conventional safety to me.

Am I missing something?

If it helps you…

Kovalski

Thanks.

That definitely helps.

Couldn’t get a result on Google.

Definitely seems risky, like a good opportunity to shoot yourself in the thigh while pulling it out of the holster in hurry.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock

Safety mechanisms
Glock pistols use an internal safety mechanism with three components, with no external thumb activated safety switch as might be found on traditional-design pistols. Glock calls this the “Safe Action” system. All three safeties are disabled one after the other when the trigger is depressed. They are:

Trigger Safety: An external lever mechanism contained within the trigger that prevents the trigger from moving unless the lever is depressed.
Striker Safety: A spring-loaded pin attached by an extension bar to the trigger assembly blocks the striker from striking the primer of the cartridge until the trigger is pulled.
Drop Safety: The far end of the same extension bar locks the striker into place from the rear until the trigger is pulled.
Similar systems for internal safeties have since become standard for many major manufacturers of semi-automatic pistols. However, Glock pistols, like any other firearm, can discharge and cause injury or death if the operator accidentally or negligently manipulates the trigger. The absence of a traditional safety switch means that Glock users who intend to carry the gun on their person with the chamber loaded must be cautious (as they should be for any type of firearm) of keeping their finger off of the trigger when holstering or unholstering the gun; however, the firearm will not discharge if dropped, requiring a deliberate trigger pull to discharge the firearm.

In 2003, Glock announced the Internal Locking System (ILS). The ILS is a manually activated lock that is located in the back of the pistol’s grip. It is cylindrical in design and, according to Glock, each key is unique. Group key hierarchic solutions are available for law enforcement agencies. When activated, the lock causes a tab to protrude from the rear of the grip. This is done to give both a visual and tactile indication as to whether the lock is engaged or not. When activated, the ILS renders the Glock unfireable as well as making it impossible to disassemble. When disengaged, the ILS adds no further safety mechanisms to the Glock pistol.

The ILS is available as an option on all Glock pistols except for the G36, but not all ILS-equipped Glock pistols are carried by distributors nor imported with the option. The most commonly available Glock pistols with the ILS are the G17, G19, G22, G23, G26, and the G27.

The trigger safety.

The internal safeties.

Optional extra safety the “standard” thumb safety.

A 100 round mag for the Glock, very useful.

A bit small, don’t you think?

Barely noticeable when carrying concealed.

Wouldn’t cause any balance problems when firing, either.

Is there a full auto switch to use with this desirable accessory?

Look at the barrel deflection that cant be good !!

Once saw a high speed footage of the AK-47 fireing, and it looked really insane and instabile (explains its bad accuracy - btw. you already took a look at the AN-94? It’s a real crazy russian weapon, which has a movable barrel and some other gadgets to get a better accuracy, but no match for the west counterparts)
But i agree, that such an “Addon” is just unnecessary and only useful and admirable for some hardcore weapon lovers.

:shock: WTFOMGBBQ! Why??? Hmmmmm maybe ill go out and find a 500,000 BB holder to mount on my airpump BB rifle. That way im sure to miss. Nah ill just get a scope to counteract that. :rolleyes:

On looking at three ejected cases in flight, also shows that this is an auto accessory. So much for my earlier smartarse comment about full auto. Which was same picture that provoked my smartarse comment. :oops:

Now that I’ve been made to look at the photos like I should have before opening my big mouth, is that Photoshopped?

The centre ejected case doesn’t quite fit? Light and shape is wrong.

Or the one on the right?

Also, I thought Glocks had a reputation for flinging cases back towards the firer, not out like in the photo?

Its not photo shopped
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBjUDCyDCuI

It is a glock 18, which is full auto. The “barrel deflection” is the normal position that the barrel is in when it is unlocked from the slide.