Goofs and inconsistencies in WW2 movies

These should be a lot of them…I just start with the feared King Tiger from the “Battle of the Bulge” (1965) what happened to be “M47 Patton” tanks of the spanish army.

If I remember right, they used patton tanks for the german tanks at the Kasserine Pass in the movie The Big Red One.

…and they used 'em for both (german and american) sides in “Patton” with just different paintwork.

Oh yeah! I forgot about that. This isn’t ww2 related (sorry) but some of the stormtroopers in the old star wars movies carried mg42 machine guns. At least the weapon is ww2 related.:slight_smile:

That’s right. Han Solo’s weapon was actually inspired by the Mauser C96.

Cool! That I did not know either!

And yes, the Stormtroopers BlasTech DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle which is actually an MG34:

Here some russian T-54 as Panzer IV from “Eshelon Pobedi”

I guess I was thinking of when they were setting up to shoot at the millenium falcon. The mg42s were on large tripods. I knew they carried some but forgot they were mg34s. Sergej, did they build something onto the tanks to make them look more square, or do the t-54s actually look like that?

The only original parts are the wheels.
Thats an normal T-54

Wasn’t there a goof up in The Longest Day,the part where Rommel is talking at the beach front and there is just a clip of the beach front without Rommel,than a few seconds later,he appears.

Right, it’s when he points to the horizon from where the allied armada once will appear.

Ah yes,that was it,thank you flamethrowerguy.

Sorry Sergey , but chassis isn’t from the T-54.
Take a look at the chassis of real t-54 on the second your photo and found the few differences.

Whan i was first time watching the Saving private Rayn i was wondering of the both “Tigers” looks very strange:)
Later i have learned the real story of how the the couple of old soviet T-34 have been transformed to the “Tigers”.
You can find this story in the thread, devoited to film.

Sorry, I’m blind, it’s T-34 with odd roadwheels.
Thanks for Napaminanije Chevan.:smiley:

No problems dude.
BTW the Cheburashka looks very well in your avatar;)

Saving Private Ryan

Well, wasn’t this awfully obliging by the driver of the Tiger tank? He removed the six layers of armored glass from his viewport, enabling the charakter played by Tom Hanks to spray his entire Thompson smg clip into the interior of the tank.

I cheated a little and looked online. But in final battle on saving private ryan they’re using sticky bombs against the tanks and later use bazooka. Why not use bazooka in first place? Then were using mortar shells as grenades when one of them is shown with grenades clipped to his belt.

Surely there was a little McGyver in any of them…