Got a new gig

I will be moving to Kentucky, to work at the Patton Museum of Cavalry, and Armor. The call came today, so I’ll be making arrangements to leave in Sept.I’ll be doing tours of the place, and also have the fun of maintaining exhibits, and working on all the tanks, and other vehicles and weapons that are not on display at the time. Its a volunteer position, and should be a fine adventure.

6d6d8bbb-68e3-4a66-a322-018438b39607.jpg

Sweet, one day I’ll go down and see the tank museam and I hope to see you too. I bet I could recognize you white beard right. How long are you planning to volenteer.

Congratulations! I’d constantly brush that Tiger II!

I heard you could see inside the koeingstiger.

That’s right, Herr Major.

Thanks, I will be there at least a year, but could be longer. Since its just me, I can vagabond around pretty much as I like. So for right now, the museum is a good place to be. If you, or any of the site denizens are planning to visit, P.M. me and I’ll make sure to be around. Not certain of when exactly i’ll be starting, so i’ll keep all you heathens posted.

Envidiable work you got Tank G. :shock:

It will be an adventure I’m sure, the neat part is that I will have some access to the collection not on display. So when I can, I will be using my Uber camera to get pics of everything possible to share with you my friend, and our little band of brothers here. Hopefully even detailed interior shots of the stuff not usually available. They have an extensive firearms collection, and probably uniforms and such equipment as well. I am looking forward to it.

would love to see pantherII… and is it a Marder tank in the background of post #5?

There is a panther there, there was only one type of panther,it faces the Tiger II,both are larger than you might expect.I dont know if they have a Tiger I, it may be in the back room with the other not on display vehicles. I have posted pictures from a visit there last year, you can see most of the German exhibits. Its in off topic military if I remember correctly.

barbarians… why have they made an incision of extrimaly rare tank?

We will wait your photo-report with impatience mate about this interesting travel

Friend Chevan, good to hear from you. They have have a T-34,(from Russia) and a T-72 (from Iraq) there currently on display, I’m sure there is more in the “backroom” I will post as many pics of the things off display as I can get to. Right now, I’m hunting for an apartment there, and getting the paperwork for my L-39 in order so I can move it across state lines. (have to ask permission)

Nice volunteer gig, Tankgeezer. Keep us posted!

“Soitainly”

photoCurlyHoward.jpg