Grandfathers Tale: A Tale of a German Sniper

So far this book is great. Anybody interested in german snipers this book is for you. I noticed when I looked at the cover it had a present day soldier in the scope of a german sniper. Do not let this fool you it is a world war 2 book.

ok…I’m intrested in that book but were can i get it???and is there just storys or real facts???

Well it is certainly one of the best books I have read. I would try looking on the internet, I bet it would be pretty easy to find it there. It is about a German Sniper who passed on a story to his grandson and his grandson turned his story into a book. In the book the action seems so real and you can easily picture yourself being in the battle. By the way this is not one of those boring for awhile then wow finally action. This has action all the way through it.

I also read this one. While there is a lot of action this book is pure fiction. This is not an actual account. The author obviously didnt do any research on how german snipers were used or organized. And the main character seemed to fight in every major battle on every front. At one point he mentions his mentor, Ellis, a ww1 sniper with “over 1000 confirmed kills”, pretty ridiculous! The book is way over the top, really the only believable thing is that it was written by a 12yr old. according to the author, German snipers were organized in units of 20 or so, as early as the campaign in Poland. and took up a single advantageous position and stayed there for kill after kill - perhaps 50 over the course of an afternoon. and routinely made one-shot between-the-eyes kills at 600 meters, and attempted shots out to 2000 meters. In “Grandfather’s Tale”, the sniper can somehow control recoil so well that, even at extreme distances, he can observe his shots as they hit right between the eyes of his targets. And finally, Erenberger apparently discovered a WWII telescopic sight that could somehow be attached to and detached from various rifles as easily as if they were made of Velcro.

Read it for what it is…pure fiction but look elsware if your looking for an actual German Sniper account or if your interested in German Sniper tactics of WW2

wow really hammering the book well its prob a exciting read but from what Von Birnstock said its probably a book for kids that dont know all that much about the war and just wanna read about killing now me on the other hand would like something on Real German Sniper Tactics so if anyone could help me out.

ya I guess I did hammer it, I bought it expecting a real account from a German Sniper so i was super excited to read it and then realized it wasnt real at all, super disappointed. I guess it came out in my post.

It was exciting and there was alot of action but It definitly read more for a young person (except for all the killing).

to be read asap. thks