Greece ---- Macedonia

Dear co’s and nco’s of this site . I am from Drama which is a small city in Macedonia northern GREECE . I say Greece because i think that every one can be confused with F.Y.R.O.M . To speak precisely that ancient Macedonians were
Greeks and spoke ancient greeks . The language that all the Greeks of nowadays still speak with the form of modern greeks . And i say all the Greeks because i mean not only the natives (Greece) but also the the greek diaspora who lives in the us, germany and in other countries . The F.Y.R.O.M natives are from Slavian line and they have nothing to do with ancient Greece , greeks , ancient macedonia ancient greek language or Great Alexander .

SORRY FOR THE BAD ACCENT BUT THIS IS WHAT I KNOW .

SENT ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE NAME FYROM WANTS TO TAKE .
ARE YOU AGREED FOR THEM TO BE CALLED MACEDONIANS OR NOT

Sorry But With The Agree I Mean You Agree With The Macedonia Name And Not Agree Which Means You Dont Agree With Macedonian Name .
Tell The Truth

Greetings, Kallinikosdrama1992.

I agree because modern Greeks has as much to do with the ancient Greeks
as modern Macedonians with the ones of Alexander in ethnical sense.

If Greece declares that Macedonia isn’t the right name for our relative Slavonic country, then it should change the name of Greece for some different one. Only in this case its pretences towards the neighbouring state would be somehow justified.

So Macedonia should be called Macedonia. Why did Greeks force this country to assume that abbreviation F.Y.R.O.M. and are still unhappy? Are they afraid of new Slavonic Alexander?

[QUOTE=Kato;111689]

I agree because modern Greeks has as much to do with the ancient Greeks
as modern Macedonians with the ones of Alexander in ethnical sense.

Ok . No problem with your post it is what you believe . But just for the record the Greek Macedonians appeard in Macedonia Greece in the 600 BC speaking the ancient greek language and the Scopians-Slavians were appeard the 400 AD and they talk a slavian language . Also as much has the scopian language to do with the greek language so has the scopians with modern or ancient greeks

So far as I can tell, Ancient Macedon was situated over most of the area of both the current Greek Province of Macedonia and the FYR of Macedonia. Furthermore, migrations tend to involve more culture than genes - so the probability is that the majority of those living in the FYR of Macedonia are the direct descendents of Alexander the Great’s subjects. As such I see no reason they should be unable to call themselves Macedonia - and in fact I think the Greeks should put their toys back in the pram and grow up about it.

Dear Greeks,

Macedonia has never been Greek before 1980 - and especially before 1991.

S.R. Macedonia existed for almost 45 as a Republic in the Federation of Yugoslavia and how comes that you haven’t made any issue then ?!

After Macedonia proclaimed indepedence - you became crazy !!!

And most important - that part what you call soul of Macedonia - has never been a part of Greece before 1913. You know this year right ?! When you conquered Macedonia together with your allies and divided?

My relatives are still owning a land in Salonica/Thessaloniki and still afraid to say officialy that they are Macedonians.