Guess what this cannon is?

it seems powerful, do you think it be the cannon used in the german giant tanks?

That is a Eisebanh K-5 (E) Glatt ( smoothbore) 210 mm railroad gun.

It was never used in tanks.

Was that a WAH, FW190???

Imagine the size of tank needed to field that gun, it would be a veritable Land Ship!

I believe its the railway gun

I believe MoS was correct.

Yes its a railway cannon, they needed two parallel railroad tracks to manouver.

In specific:
Name: 21 cm Kanone 12 (E)
Manufacturer: Krupp
Numbers produced: 2
Barrel:
Caliber (mm): 211
Battel lenght(Kal.): 157,8
Länge Züge (Bohrung) (Kal.): 131,4 (152,2) (Dunno what that is, so i cant translate)
Barrelweight (t): 99,708
Lafette:
Turnradius Height (°): (-0) +25 bis +55
Turnradius Side (°): 0,23
total weight(t): 317
total lenght (m): 41,36
HE shell:
shell weight(kg): 107,5
Number of propelling devices: 2
Vo (m/s): 1.500
range(km): 115,0

That hits the spot, Stauffenberg.

Railway guns are useless! The idea of these giant weapons was ridiculous.
Dive bombers, or even heavier bombers were better than these behemoths.

That’s true chase, they really served no purpose. Not many were produced though, and I think the Germans were just trying to be innovative by developing these new weapons.

The reasons that the super-heavy cannon were develped were to hit underground bunkers and exteremely fortified targets. The SUper=heavies were used to break the Soviet Superfortresses at Sevestapol with its underground tunnels. Not many were made because this was a specialized weapon for a specialized situation.

can they deployed on the normandy coast and used that as a mobile coastal defence?

Yes, they could have deployed them over Normandie coast, but there were too few of them produced, and they were expensive to keep up. They were specialized weapons for specialized situations. A very similar heavy mobile artillery was the Karl Mortar, which was much better since it moved about on tracks.

Before USA launched their moon project, they put millions of Dollars in experiments with such guns. They wanted to fire satelites in the air.
They came quite high, but the guns where dangerous, some exploded.
Also the satelites have to be built very strong so it can take the fast acceleration.
Project was cancelled as Rockets proved to be more promising.

The German Military used many railway guns such as that one in WWI also, capable of hitting Paris from a certain range. Never got close enough i believe. Overall not a big factor in any War. (Big Targets from the air)

They should’ve mounted a few space cannons on some shermans. :lol:

Super duper PERSHING?

Does anyone know if these rail road guns were ever successful? Someone mentioned Sevastopol but surely only a direct hit (or very close) would destroy under ground bunkers and I wouldn’t have thought these would be too accurate considering their size and range?

Also - why are they smoothbores? What benefit does a smooth bore have over rifling?

Had to laugh at FW190 Pilots question about whether these were fitted to German heavy tanks, let him off though for posting a good pic.

Thanks

there is a tank call R-1500 or something
its over 1000 tons
i should have pointed this out first

Do you have a picture or any other info about this monster tank?