Gulag Forced Labor Camps

Can anyone post anything that they know about the Gulag labor camps, under Stalin? I heard that they would basically round thousandths of people for no appearent reason and sent them to the camps which were mostly in Siberia. They would use the inmates to extract resources, especially during WW2. They would also make them extract uranium and then would use them in their nuclear tests. The population in the camps actually decreased by alot during WW2 because they would be released and then conscripted into the Russian army to be put in the front lines. Pretty horrible stuff, Stalin was deffinetely not a nice leader, some people would compare him with being worse than Hitler. Well, if you have any info on Stalin can you post in the Stalin topic, thnx.

Hmm… All documents that I can show, only russian… But don’t rush about Stalin. He was genios leader… Ideal solution for quick and cheap work force - to use prisoners. And he made that prisoners. After that, whrn all targets was achieved, he gived them a chance of the “clear their crime” - go to war. And that soldiers was fighting not only for homeland, but for personal liberty. That provided them fantastic battle spirit. BTW, marhals Rokossovskiy and Konev was a prisoners of NKVD before war…

Yess Stalin was a good leader for turning the country into a mass producing country, but he almost crashed his country in the proccess. The Ukranian genocide?

Yep. But genocide is was a terror weapon to conqueror own nation. Don’t forget, that was only some years later after Civil War, in fact, Stalin don’t made such genocide in the Central Russia or European Russia, wich was initually Red.

The main reason for the Genocide was because he wanted to enforce collectivization, where all the farms would be brought together to make one big mass producing farm.

Not fully correct. The kommunism doctrine is neglect the private property. In fact, all mans who refuse to be in collectivization, and have own farms was a crimes.

“Thousandths of people for no appearent reason”
“They would use the inmates to extract resources, especially during WW2. They would also make them extract uranium and then would use them in their nuclear tests”.
You just completely contradicted yourself. :smiley:

Mate, firstly please use the quote tags. Secondly were did you see any contradiction? :smiley:

Edited: And please mate, don’t be upset on S.A.M.!! I deleted your stupid and insulting thread. See http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=9053#9053 if you are interested.

Well T-34, I have no idea why you seem to dislike me, because the two statements you quoted were out of context. I said:

I heard that they would basically round thousandths of people for no appearent reason…

Now, in the above statement I was reffering to the “round” part, which if you did not understand I was meaning something like “Take”, “Round up” “Gather”. You would be put into a camp, even if you have not committed any crime. Thats what I meant, and if i am not mistaken, that what I said.

I understand correctly your point of view S.A.M.

Thank you Dani! :smiley: :smiley:

Thank you Dani! :smiley: :D[/quote]
Any time mate!

He´s Back :lol:

Who? :?:

Who? :?:[/quote]
T-34s_Are_Cool!!
i have to say it sam :lol:

OK guys, back to topic! :smiley: