Gun Collections.

There are a number of members here who, through one way or an other have considerable experience with WWII and other firearms.

My personal experience is is through collecting. In New Zealand we have a special category of licence for collectors that allows us to own a wide range of firearms.

I’ve had this licence for over 10 years now and have assembled a collection that I’m very proud of, not as impressive as others I’ve seen, but still an achievement in it’s own right.

And because I’m proud of my collection and hope others are proud of theirs, I thought I’d start a thread where we can all show off.

My collection is theme is The Great Patriotic War; infantry weapons used on both sides. I started with the Russians because being on a students budget when I began it was a unique and cheap place to start. Since then I’ve expanded the German side some as well, with a few bits and pieces in between.

So here we have them, these are all mine and live:
The Russians:

2 m91/30 Mosin Nagants
2 SVT40’s
Mosin m44 & m38
Mosin m91/30 PU sniper
2 m1895 Nagants
2 TT-33’s
PPSh-41
PPS-43
Maxim PM1910
DP-27

The Germans:

Kar98k
G43
P.38
P.08
Nazi Radom
Nazi Browning HP
MP.44 & MP.43
MP.40
MG.34

The rest:

2 Beretta m34 pistols one is a Finnish contract
m1 carbine
Portugese mauser
No4 Mk1
Arasaka type 38 carbine
Carcarno carbine
Chinese Type 56 semi-auto and Russian Tigr SVD clone.

I look forward to seeing others collections.

That’s a highly impressive collection! :smiley: I’m in awe right now… :shock: Do you know how much that entire collection would cost if you were to sell it?? :shock: :shock:

could you list the purchase prices? Just curious!

Purchase price and value have no relevance to you guys because I live outside the USA, where prices for full-autos have been inflated by the ban on post 1986 registrations.

On a whole the machineguns are significantly cheaper here than in the USA while the rifles are more expensive. Also I’ve had some, like the MP44s and PPSh41 for quite a while now so the value will have changed.

To give you an idea, the MP43, cost me NZ$800.00 8 years ago. While a RC Kar98k now sells for that amount.

Truly amazing collection, well done. It’s always good to see history preserved. Are any of them still active?

I think I’ll move to New Zealand :smiley: :smiley:

I only dream of such of collection now.

How much is a NZ$ in american $ or euros :roll: Thanks :wink:

Have you tried using Google or another search engine for the exchange rate ?

That is a very nice collection. That dwarfs my collection by far.

Have you tried using Google or another search engine for the exchange rate ?[/quote]

:oops:

:oops:
1 NZD in NZD
American Dollar 0.6887 1.45201

Hey Bas, why no FN-FAL or L1A1 in the last photo?

No collection is complete without at least one :stuck_out_tongue:

Student Scaley: They are all active/live. Deacts have the same status as live guns in NZ.

Topor: one step at a time mate, I’m not made of money :frowning:

Spectacular collection you have there. I myself collect Allied uniforms mainly and other various things. I am not big into the firearms as they are for most of the stuff a bit pricey. Eventually though. :lol:

you aren’t :shock: ,your collection isn’t small to be truly,great collection!,here in argentina,weapons for collectionists are cheap,specially for you!,but the problem is that it isn’t easy to find places to buy them,the weapons shop mostly sell modern weapons,and the “resagos” shop has cheap old weapons of our army,but not many of ww2.

you aren’t :shock: ,your collection isn’t small to be truly,great collection!,here in argentina,weapons for collectionists are cheap,specially for you!,but the problem is that it isn’t easy to find places to buy them,the weapons shop mostly sell modern weapons,and the “resagos” shop has cheap old weapons of our army,but not many of ww2.[/quote]

Count yourself lucky Erwin; our Government doesn’t trust us to own handguns, semi-automatic*, or automatic firearms :x
That’s one reason why I’ll be leaving this Sceptred Isle in the next few years & taking my money with me.

*Except .22rimfire.

you aren’t :shock: ,your collection isn’t small to be truly,great collection!,here in argentina,weapons for collectionists are cheap,specially for you!,but the problem is that it isn’t easy to find places to buy them,the weapons shop mostly sell modern weapons,and the “resagos” shop has cheap old weapons of our army,but not many of ww2.[/quote]

Count yourself lucky Erwin; our Government doesn’t trust us to own handguns, semi-automatic*, or automatic firearms :x
That’s one reason why I’ll be leaving this Sceptred Isle in the next few years & taking my money with me.

*Except .22rimfire.[/quote]

mate,we have to buy a license,have a basic training for personal use of handguns,and pay the license per month,and we can’t buy anything except handguns,well,we can buy rifles and semiautomatic or automatic,etc,but they have to not be activated (they have to be not working,just for collection).

in fact,the only weapon that we are able to own for shooting is the handgun,and it has to be of a not big caliber (as i know,no more than 45.)

Are you not allowed to buy bolt-action centrefires, rimfires or shotguns Erwin?

No,that’s only for collectionists,and it has to not be activated (civilians cannot shoot any of those weapons,only handguns and they need as i said,an expensive license and they can go to the jail if they do bad use of the weapon),those rifles only can be bought for exposition,or personal collection.
Military personal and Police or other forces such as gendarmerie are allowed to the use of this weapons,depends on each function that they do have.

greetings

So Erwin, if i understand it correctly you cannot shoot the weapons in your collections at all?

I can’t,because i can only buy weapons that aren’t working (that can’t shoot),i can only buy inactive weapons ,just for looking.
The only weapon that i can shoot is a handgun,and first,i need the requeriments that i posted in the other post.