Happy New Year!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all WW-2 Members!!

I know some of you are lucky enough to have New Year earlier than others (Like RS who lives in Australia and gets to experience it first because of the equator thing).
My New Year is still some 15 Hrs Away.
Nothing planned tonight. Just some Sushi, salmon, cheese and Champaign at home. Watch the tele at 12 and think of how a year has gone by so quickly.

I was searching the web for famous WW2 stuff that happened on New Years Eve and couldn’t find much. I did find that-Emperor Hirohito of Japan gave permission to his troops to withdraw from Guadalcanal after five months of bloody fighting against U.S. Forces on Dec 31 1942.

I know we can’t all like each other as members but at least we like ww2 knowledge and that bonds us together. To all WW-2 Vets, soldiers at war, and the ones that didn’t make it, and their families, may God Bless them all and all the Best to everyone in 2009!!!

So Lonely…
The Mods are probably too tanked to even bother turning on the computer to check for the state of affairs. Hicup!
…I was wondering what happened to Major Walter Schmidt and his teacup party on the Zepplin or George Eller and Mr.Firefly who seemed to have taken the sidelines lately…hmmm…oh well, at least I am still here!:slight_smile: