HBO The Pacific Trailer Released

Can’t wait for this. Looks like it will be released in March 2010. Looks brilliant.

Looks interesting,produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg producers of Band of Brothers.

Looks promising indeed. One can only hope that there aren’t people around who already file petitions and demand the subsequent bestowal of the Medal of Honor for the main characters.

:lol:

Looks great finally glad to see another piece of film that will captivate me hopefully like Band of Brothers. Been looking foward to his for a long time.

The Pacific mini-series starts this Sunday.Some of the battles covered are Guadalcanal,Peleliu,Iwo Jima,Okinawa.Looks like I am going to have to make some DVR space.

To be fair, MAJ Winters (then 1LT) nearly won the Medal of Honor for his action and plan in attacking the German pieces firing on Utah Beach. But I believe the quota was filled when a paratroop LTC was killed doing something stupidly brave on D-Day…

It’s coming out on March 14th. Looking forward to it.
Official site: http://www.hbo.com/the-pacific/index.html

Watched it Sunday night…looks good. It moved kinda fast, wish they spent a little more time getting to know the 3 main players. The ordnance looked great. :slight_smile: I know where I will be for the next 9 Sunday nights.

I agree they should have had a “Currahee” type episode to get to know the main characters…

I thought its not as good as Band of Brothers but its still very entertaining so far. The only problem i had is the Japanese, why did they bother charging at the Americans (who is in a very good defensive position) on open field with no attempt to protect themselves? Is this a way to make Japan look stupid because they might as well killed themselves and never bothered with the offensive.

Because the Japanese made themselves look stupid on occasion with ill-coordinated, desperate attacks that had little hope against the sustained superior firepower of the Allied forces they faced. The attacks were a courageous waste ordered by detached commanders who underestimated the resolve of the marines–and overestimated the ability of their own infantry to overcome superior firepower–as they were drunk on their previous victories and flush with overconfidence…

And the Japanese look no more “stupid” to me then the German SS-men in the “Crossroads” episode of “BoB.”

Unfortunately, we cannot get here in the UK unless we pay SKY HD for the Privilege! Guess we will have to wait (ages) for it to go onto DVD. For those who have seen it, is it better than Flags/ Letters from Iwo Jima???

Thats what bittorrent comes into good use!

?? Never heard of this… is it legal!!! :confused: :shock:

I envy you guys…this is not available in our part of the world yet…can’t wait for the dvd set.

I’ve watched the first two episodes and so far it’s got me hooked. I was a huge fan of the Band of Brothers series. And I realize that this series is being done by some of the same folks.

Depends on which country you are living, its not legal if you are living in Sweden, Canada.

We have already running in HBO (with a week delay) but I have aslo torrent downloaded (with Hungarian subtitel instead of the fully dubbed HBO version).
As I have a 24" lcd monitor and adequate sound system, it does not matter watching from computer)

But (after just two episodes) I also prefer the BoB (maybe I prefer Amrose as a writer). OK? Mc Kenna was also BoB ccreenwrite as here, but the basic story…
… but well, I am an UASMC fan, so nothing can keep me out of watching this series!

Regadrs:
TGR

I watched the first two episodes and kept comparing it to BoB. Then I went back a rewatched them again without comparing them. I enjoyed them a lot more. BoB, the whole focus was how these guys came together and were bonded together by their experiences. The Pacific on the other hand is from these guys’ (I can’t remember their names) personal accounts of the war in the pacific, which was a different kind of war all together. As far as the production values, they are great, as good as BoB. The producers did a great job again.

Later,
Dave