Helga - how a little German girl navigate WWII Tokyo

Hi all -

I wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all the help you have offered me while I was doing research for my mother’s memoirs. I am happy to announce that this book is now available on Kindle! I can’t believe that this has all really happened, but both my mother and I are thrilled and overwhelmed to see it all be ready for public consumption.

Helga: A Memoir of Privilege, War and Family
by Sheridan HIll. The book is in three parts - Mom’s story, then photos, then my translation of several original letters sent to/from Germany and Japan. The arc of history these letters reflect is really amazing!

If you decide you’d like to purchase the book from Kindle, I encourage you to leave your remarks about the book on her Kindle book page. Here’s the link to her book - http://www.amazon.com/Helga-Memoir-Privilege-Family-ebook/dp/B00E3IVX88/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1374697107&sr=1-1&keywords=helga+a+memoir+of+privilege+war+and+family

Thank you, thank you, thank you again for all your support and patience with me over the past 18 months! This would not have happened without your help!

Jane

Kudos Jane. What a wonderful story.

It amazes me, how two non-speaking nationalities could converse amongst each other. I know Japanese and Germans, back in those days, were not to familiar with each others languages and the English language was very limited within the German society only.

I’ll see if I can pick up your published book. Once again, congrats Jane.

I bought it on Kindle. Looks like it’ll be a great read! Thanks…

Thanks so much, royal744! I hope you enjoy my mom’s memories of that very interesting time in her life!

I’d love to hear your thoughts after you finish it!

Jane

Thanks, Vonss! I’ve completed all the background work for Amazon to create her book page. They tell me their process can take from 2-5 days – that means the actual book can be found on Amazon sites worldwide by the end of this week! It’s already available via Kindle download.

I’d love to hear your review after you read it. To me she’s just Mom, but others tell me she’s had a very eventful young life! :wink:

Jane

Now available on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Helga-Memoir-Privilege-War-Family/dp/0979135583/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1375308981&sr=1-3&keywords=helga+a+memoir