Mike Kellin … Pvt. Kolinsky
Joseph Hoover … Capt. Loomis
Bill Mullikin … Pvt. Cumberly
L.Q. Jones … Supply Sgt. Frazer
Michele Montau … Monique Ouidel
Don Haggerty … Capt. Mace
Nick Adams … Homer
Bob Newhart … Pvt. Driscoll

Robert Pirosh a real life wwII decerated soilder and the same man who created the marx brothers is at his best in this film .
In 1944, in France, Pvt. John Reese (Steve McQueen) is assigned for a platoon close to the front. He is a very experienced, but also rebel and neurotic soldier, who lost his ranked position due to his behavior, questioning orders and authority. His platoon joins other army companies in the front, and they are left in only six men to hold up their position against a great quantity of Germans soldiers for a couple of days. They use their experience and many tricks to cheat the enemy, pretending they are in a larger number. This black and white movie of war is a very tense, claustrophobic and full of action. Steve McQueen has an excellent performance, as usual, as well as the rest of the cast and direction. This film is highly indicated for fans of action movie of war.

I love this movie too, this and “Battleground” are my favorite black and white WW2 movies. Of course it has the obligatory historical inaccuracy with the Germans, but the movie is worth a purchase for Steve McQueen’s performance alone if your a fan of his. Nobody has ever done a burned out, death wish, combat junkie like he did as Reese.

I liked this one too.

grt movie !! i liked it

i loved the bit with bob newhart impersonating an entire battalion CP in the “bugged” bunker.that them driving the jeep back and forth with the snow chains on so it sounded like tanks…lol…

Have not seen this movie for sale in any stores here . Any one know where it might be available for sale ?

Hell Is For Heroes
Region 1 encoding (For DVD players sold in the US or Canada [Region 1].
http://www.amazon.com/Hell-Heroes-Steve-McQueen/dp/B00005ASGB/sr=1-1/qid=1167333164/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-7809906-3611054?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Hell Is For Heroes
Region 2 encoding (This DVD will not play on most DVD players sold in the US or Canada [Region 1].
This item requires a region specific or multi-region DVD player and compatible TV.
http://www.amazon.com/Hell-Heroes-Steve-McQueen/dp/B00009Z4XK/sr=1-2/qid=1167333321/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/103-7809906-3611054?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Thanx George.

George, Thanks for the info !!