Helmets and Officer's Hats of the German Military

The Basic World War 2 Helmet in the German Army

The 1942 German Helmet was mostly the basic helmet for a german soldier in the army. On the side of the helmet they would have a type of insignia that would show that they where either in the army, SS, and etc. This helmet gave great protection to the men on the battlefield and I think most men actually liked the helmet. This helmet was a newer design during the war. The older helmet design (in 1935 which it is based on) had a part cut off on each side that made each soldier’s ear show. The 1942 helmet does not have this included because if I am correct snipers had more of a chance killing the soldier with the sides off because of no protection and this helmet gave better protection.

The Luftwaffe Helmet of the German Airforce
                [IMG]http://i11.tinypic.com/4kym1ec.jpg[/IMG]

I do not have any information right now of the Luftwaffe Helmet. If someone could please discuss with the other members about this helmet it would be greatly appreciated. If anybody has any cool facts about Officer’s Hats of the german military please share. Thank you.

P.S. Sorry about the long thread name.
Sincerely,
GermanSoldier

I do know the basic helmet was originally designed in World War I. In the WWI era stalhelms, I don’t remember ever seeing a German wearing one and having his ears exposed. The main difference between the WWI and WWII stalhelm is that the WWII had a smaller shell, much like the Vietnam US M1 helmet vs. the WWII M1.

Officers’ peak hats really weren’t different from that of any other nations besides different decorations.

Officers’ field hat:
Armored crew officer’s hat: a sort of mini US garrison cap:

[QUOTE=bwing55543;107185]I do know the basic helmet was originally designed in World War I. In the WWI era stalhelms, I don’t remember ever seeing a German wearing one and having his ears exposed. The main difference between the WWI and WWII stalhelm is that the WWII had a smaller shell, much like the Vietnam US M1 helmet vs. the WWII M1.
QUOTE] I think I was looking at a world war 1 helmet when i said that. Must of put wrong information. Sorry about the misunderstanding. Think you for the information bwing55543

You were probably thinking of the Pickelhaube, which wasn’t a helmet at all, because it was made of leather and served no purpose other than decoration. The soldier who wears that will have his ears exposed. Much like France, Germany didn’t adopt steel helmets until towards the end of the war.

Hold up, I found a WWI Stalhelm with exposed ears.

And one without

WW2 stalhelm

Turns out you were right all along about the exposed ears, Germansoldier. The ear cutouts were designed to give the soldier improved hearing.

watch this… in italian sorry, but with many photos available.
www.germanlids.com
I belive that the this photo (links page) is the webmaster himself in a fake-old photo… fantastic!!! :wink:

another in english:
http://www.german-helmets.com/

The part that Germansoldier was wrong about was that the ear cutouts were on the M1918 helmets, not the M1935s.

He really needs to think before he speaks and stop spaming every post

You think I am spamming with my post. Everybody makes mistakes once or twice but you can’t call them spammers just for that. If anybody thinks I am spamming I would like for them to tell me in a private message.

With all due respect,
                                                                               GermanSoldier

How was he spamming? This topic was started by him, after all. What’s more, he’s not advertising some random thing, so I’d hesitate to call it spam if I were you. Finally, the reason GermanSoldier started this topic was for people to give him information on German WW2 head gear.

thank you bwing55543 for understanding. bwing55543 is absolutely correct about what he said about the spamming thing and I am very interested in hearing everybodys information. So lets just stop talking about the spamming thing and get back on topic!

The Luftwaffe helmets were for paratroopers of the Fallschirmjäger. They were no longer deployed as invaders after they lost 4000 grunts at Crete.

your picture is just a little big but here is my share

I dont know if these are all ww2 decals though

a man i need another walkthrough with the image hosting

Yeah, I know about the size of my picture. The thing is that the picture on the site I got it from was a lot smaller than that.

Hi bwing,

I reduced the size of your pic in the quote above. If you want, feel free to copy my link and edit your original post.

Fallschirmjaeger helmet (German Paratrooper helmet) - WWII

RZM Supply Company
http://rzmsupplyco.com/products.htm

Replicas of WWI and WWII German helmets

Google image search - “fallschirmjaeger helmet”
http://images.google.com/images?as_st=y&svnum=10&hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=+“fallschirmjaeger+helmet”&spell=1

Google image search - “german helmet”
http://images.google.com/images?as_st=y&svnum=10&hl=en&q=+“german+helmet”&btnG=Search+Images

First off he stating this post as a fact with no research involved and has to be corrected like his 400+ other posts that he spammed on to gain his rank because it must be a child’s game for him .I know this is his topic but look at his past post’s I think it was something like someone in his family was with the 101st ?But it was a lie and then it was a flood of nonsense posts that he posted to gain rank just my 2 cents and what’s this “so I’d hesitate to call it spam if I were you” Is that a threat ?

Yeah, I know about the size of my picture. The thing is that the picture on the site I got it from was a lot smaller than that

Bwing I deleted you huge pic, put the one added by George Eller.

He really needs to think before he speaks and stop spaming every post

Our dear GS had a special way to post, that is true but I dont see any spam in this topic so far, as usual I will recomend him to be careful with his ortography, is important as you try to say.

Everyone need to start in some way to learn.

In any case I am deleting the agressive comments.

Thanks everybody for your attention.

Thanks, Panzerknacker. :smiley:

heres the meanins bud, well i think anyways. haha

Luftwaffe

Heer

Kriegsmarine

and to continue…

All Wehrmarcht

Police & SS most commonly

German Police

and of course

The SS