Help finding a movie.

A year ago (or there abouts) I watched a movie that I remember being really good. It was the story of a german officer, who had been fighting on the eastern front and his journey west across germany, in an effort to surrender to the americans instead of the russians.

At some point they stoped at a field hospital and collected a truck full of wounded soldiers.

I think the film began with the officer in question being searched for by the gestapo.

I really wanna watch the movie again, so if anyone has any idea of the name, please let me know

I appreciate the help

I think you might want to provide some other info. Was this a German film or a UK/US film? What was the approximate time-frame of the viewing and production?

It definatly didnt seem like a US production, perhaps a german film, but it was in english - that didnt appear dubbed (to my recolection). I watched it last december, it was on television so i cant imagine that it was released recently, but at the same time, the movie didnt seem old.

Bit of a bump but i came across this page looking for another movie, might be of use to you if the name is on the tip of your tongue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_films