Help needed with missing pilot of III/Jg3.

Hello everyone,
I’m new here so i hope i’m posting in the right area! Can anyone help me with a photo of a downed Bf 109 F-2 taken somewhere in , i believe, Russia. It shows an aircraft of JG3, it appears to have force landed with damage to the tail. I can find no info about the pic at all, but believe it may show ‘yellow 4’ w/n 8980 of III/JG3 that was lost on 20th July 1941 west of Kiev. The pilot was Oberfeldwebel Heinz Schmidt, his aircraft was seen to go down after an A.A.hit and he is still M.I.A. to this day. I’ve managed to dig up a pic of the aircraft he was flying that day and think the two images are remarkably similar if not identical. Can anyone help with provenance for the photo, or even a photo or more info about Obfw. Schmidt? All info will be graciously aceppted.
Kindest Regards, Ned

109%201.jpg

III JG3 YELLOW 4.jpg

Hi BIG NED. Are you still looking for information regarding Oberfeldwebel Hanz Schmidt?
If so, I think I have most of the info regarding this individual and will gladly pass this to you. Just let me know .Thanks.

Hi Colonel!

Any information you may have will be gratefully accepted!! To be honest, i’d given up on anymore gen turning up on this subject!!

Many thanks, Ned. :smiley: