Help with 88

Hello and sorry if this in wrong section.

I like to know about 88 used shells are they any value and the markings at the bottom. I got 2 of these on top of my fireplace and got some pis up soon also.

The pics

Collector value would depend on the type of round, (A.P. shot, or shell,) as well as condition, in general, and of the markings. Not to forget is a shell has it been de-activated, and the explosive filling removed. Some markings may be more desirable than others, so that will count for something as well.
Do post some pics, its fun to see what folks have dug up.

Condition whit these two is good i think. I have bit polished the younger one from the bottom. I think they have been fired as anti-air near Helsinki. Older one has a mark 37r. so can that mean 8.8 cm FlaK 37?

I’m not familiar with manufacturing codes on those, but it may be the factory I.D. code. but someone else here may know exactly what it means. Are these the cases, or the projectiles? Guess I should have asked that first…

And this has WHAT, exactly to do with the topic of this thread???

Uyraell.

very interesting bayonets with strange blade,from ww1?

How did a response to “Celebrity white teeth” end up in this thread? it looks like another spammer. send it the FTG, he’ll sort it out… Maybe the guy is totally confused, and thinks we’re talking about video games…:rolleyes:

I already did, the white teeth only exist in the quotation in Uyraell’s post.:smiley:

He must be part of the crazy 88’s !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjuS17DGlA

Gott Sei Danke!, Many many Thanks FTG, `tis appreciated. :slight_smile:

TG, seeing that post incencsed me. I may make errors at times on this forum, but hell’s teeth, at least (as with most anyone’s errors) mine are honest ones.

To return to thread: Most markings on shells that I have read info on were divided into 3 sections. Maker, Weapon Class (and sometimes sub-type), Code representing specification + fuse type(s).

I’m not expert in munitions, and may well be erroneous or have misunderstood some of those details, and am open to correction on them.

Kind Regards, Uyraell.

They all are bayonets or those that can be attach to a rifle. The two bigger ones are from WW2. The black one in first pic is in nice condition and Fiskars made. The other big one might be Russian dunno, it does not have any markings. Smallest one cant say anything is in bad shape.
Also new pics about the bayonets.

Concerning the casings you’d want to contact our user genkideskan (http://ww2incolor.com/forum/member.php?u=3199), he’s an ordnance expert IIRC.

Might also try Tony Williams, he writes about such things as well, If he is still here…

So - you have a new “task”? (Denta Smile MD)

TGR

Foul tooth pulled.
It’s an Indian spam bot, somehow it’s convinced we’d have to do something about our denture…:smiley:

no tooth, no problem :mrgreen: