Hi honny I'm home

Hello all I’m back from an extented sojurn in which Mrs Brew I and our three Brewlets have circumnavigated the globe. My last post was back in March when Mrs Brew noticed that my fractiousness was due to work related stress exccacerbated by unresolved issues from my service days. As Mrs Brew is a couple of rungs up the smart ladder from me she took positive action to prevent me from going into self destruct and arranged a round the world trip so we could visit some of our friends around the world. I have now returned via the USA were I stayed in New York and Chicago, Australia, spending my time in Brisbane, Christchurch and Dunedin in New Zealand, including some great skiing in Queens Town. We dumped the kids in Brisbane for a week and went to Angkor Wat in Cambodia were I had proposed to my wife at sunrise back in May of 1993 ( trust me it was as romantic as it sounds) Then on to visit friends in Tokyo and Kyoto ( is that an anagram) Japan, back to America but Los Angeles this time and finnaly home via my great Aunt in South Armagh( haven’t seen her in years) Northen Ireland.I am now home though in finnancial peril and have the local Education Authority on my back have recommenced work ( if Plt Sgt Baker is still posting, I’m back to pole dancing) with my sanity intact, fcuk me things have changed around here. I had a look at some of the threads, That little blonde in the SS uniform on the Neo Nazi thread, ooh er I’d give her her brown wings. If you have joined since March a big hllo to you all and if you were here before that, did you miss me, no , well thats ok Kisses anyway.

:smiley: Welcome back LargeBrew!

Sounds like an interesting trip, welcome back!

Hi mate

Good to hear you have not actually gone Bonko after all, I for one have missed your inane drivel, so welcome back. Ive missed your incisive posts on some of our more inane posters.

As you can see we do have a new crop of potential patients for you to diagnose.

Welcome back!

Excellent user name BTW.

Hey welcome back largebrew, I knew something was different here, now i remember. Anyways welcome back!

G’day,

So which brews did you enjoy in Australia and New Zealand LargeBrew?

Regards to all,
Digger.

Right Digger, I have to admit that I love Brissy( Brisbane) I lived there back in the early 90’s in the rumpus room of a Police Inspector who was the father of a girl I met in Isreal and though the charms of the Banyo Tavern and it’s proximity to the gold coast still call to me there is a town in Central Otago New Zealand called Alexandra that will always be my second home. I had the best time of my life there, I started off picking cherry’s and ended up as a special project worker with a group of young offenders. I made many friends and got into a fight with renouned cricketers Martin Crowe and Dithpak Patel in the main street ( outside the Bendigo by the pie cart) following the Canterbury/ Otago cricket match. I was there during the 91 England New Zealand test when we really kicked their arrse, happy days indeed.

Hi LargeBrew!

I’m a wog from Sydney and looking forward to discuss things with you.

Cheers mate!

Settle down and then… relax in … WW2inColor!

Lancer44

Gday Lancer, I have a mate from Sydney though we lost touch a few years back , I met Colin Rogers ( Col) on a flight from Gatwick to Denver( early 1991). He was ex ADF and had been in London studying at the LSE and working bar to make ends meet( imagine that an Aussie working behind a bar in London) We spent three months working in a Bar in Denver owned by another Aussie ( Dave and his Irish wife Mave) before parting company for a while. He rocked up in Alexandra NZ two months later and we spent a couple of weeks working with a potentially psychotic explosives expert called Ace blasting out tree stumps for the NZ Apple and Pear board after that I went with him back to Sydney for another couple of weeks were he introduced me to the dubious charms of Kings X and what fun it was as I’m sure you know.

Col is a distant relitive of an Australian artist called Sidney Nolan and I will always be greatful to him for introducing me to his work. Col sent me a full set of prints of his Ned Kelly paintings as a wedding present which are framed and used to hang my dining room but are currently on loan to my eldest daughters school as part of an art project. Inspite of my love for NZ and the Kiwis I will also state that I have’nt met an Aussie that I did’nt like.

Col also gave me a book which to my shame I lost some where down the track and can’t remember it’s name but it was about a bunch of Austalian Tankies in Vietnam and stressed the importance of mateship which is something that any ex mob can relate to. If you recognise the book I’m on about the title would be a great help as I would like to get another copy.