Hirohito's radio address

60 years ago today, Emperor Hirohito’s voice was heard by the citizens of Japan for the first time, delivering his speech that ended the Pacific War. Details can be found at this WW2DB article:

http://ww2db.com/battle_spec.php?battle_id=13

Hirohito’s radio address was most interesting; he managed to inform his subjects his wish to surrender, but yet he did not use any term that directly suggested as so, perhaps the biggest denial of reality of recent times. What do you guys think of the speech?

The transcript of the speech can be found in the above link.

Very interseting, have never read that before. It does convey a few things. It doesnot directly mention surrender, rather special measures which is interesting, the most interesting thing in it I find is the admittion of starting the War against the UK and US. Thanks for thet.

I found it last night when I saw on National Geographic Channel a series of documentaries about VJ day.

Never known before!! :smiley: :smiley:

Our City had a huge parade of the anniversary of the defeat only just Yesterday— 60 years to the day, there was thousands flocking to the streets with australian flags and old wagons celebrating their victory from WW2.

How or what do you Japan will be feeling??, relief, mourning or just a old memory that the new generations have forgotten

derrr he was from good old mongolia you silly dong!!! but hes a leg (as in legend LOL :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: )

GOD DAMN, I TELL YOU TO STOP IN ONE PLACE, YOU START IN ANOTHER!!! DANI, TAKE CARE OF THIS PLEASE :!:

Some people really don’t have anything better to do with their free time…

Topic cleaned up. Only one banned post remain.