Historical Books

List any Historical books that you would reccomend:

I reccomend:

Turning the Tide: Decisive Battles of the Second World War by Nigel Cawthorne

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0785816348/qid=1115470708/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-2743406-5772152?v=glance&s=books

A good book that describes the basics of the major battles of the second world war. It gives a good overall feel of the war, and the many countries that took part. From Europe to the Pacific it, from Tobruk to Stalingrad, it has great deal of statistics, and for the price i reccomend it.

try J. Keegan’s ‘Second World War’ good overall history of the war and quite readable as it doesn’t go into a lot of academic jargon.

Quite fond of David Irving. Now there is a man we could all, or have, learnt alot from.

I Quite like Schama in text (medieval and rennaisance especially) but can we get him off the box please!

Yes, I can think of several people who seem to have benefited greatly from his tutelage…

Panzer aces and infantry aces both about individual german soliders that did beyond believe heroism in battle. The most decorated german soliders of ww2. AMAZING

This is not a ww2 book but To Rule the Waves was also very good.

Turning The Tide was one of the best books I’ve ever read on WWII. It is very good and I highly reccommend it to everyone.