Hitler#2

II don’t understand why the Thread called Hitler was locked?. I appreciate the fact that the comments about Hitler being a great man is absurd, but why was the thread locked with a comment by the Mods that reeks of censorship. Just because society hates Hitler, and I do too, this does not mean the achievements Hitler made, should be censored by locking the thread . There were significant achievements and accomplishments made by Hitler as a leader both strategically and politically. Hitler was a not, BUT he did accomplish things and the thread is locked because the Mods don’t want anybody to be allowed to discuss or comment about this?. This is pure censorship in my opinion And I object to it. In a democratic society we have the right to comment about things that society as a whole may not agree upon and I suspect this thread will be locked too, because I am not a mouse and take the stand to request that the thread be unlocked, please.

In 1938, Hitler became Time Magazine Man of the Year. I believe his accomplishments had something to do with the magazine selecting him as Man of the year.

In terms of the economy:

Hitler: Realized more than most that expansion of the economy was initially more important than monetary stability. Secondly, by placing the brilliant Hjalmar Schacht in a position of authority over the economy. Thirdly, by reaping the benefits of increased employment in rearmament production and vastly increased conscription levels for the military. And lastly, by instituting beneficial public works programs, such as the autobahn, that not only provided work for millions but also improved the infrastructure necessary for modern for economic expansion. As viewed in the spring of 1939, these were real achievements.

Hitler became the symbol of Germany, he was idolized. "The public credited Hitler with the achievements of economics and foreign policy of that period.

I could go on and on with quotes from a variety of sources about his achievements. The autobahn comment is naïve and simplistic in accrediting Hitler’s achievements.

There is someone on the web asking for money through a donation kettle that is not locked. Maybe I should ask people to give money to my charity too, as this type of thread is acceptable by the Mods. yet a military related thread is not. hmph!

I agree completely with you Herman , speaking about Hitler and what he achieved doesn’t mean that we are his supporters , hating him and closing threads with pure censorship mean that we still fear him , but hell the year is 2008 we live in democracy and we have to be free to talk anything we like without any censorship and fear from a man that died … 63 years ago . If we ban the speak about Hitler then let’s not speak about Franco , Stalin and the others because they did bad and horrible things too . But so far i didn’t saw ban for speak about Stalin or the communism which is not fair i think and clearly show the fear some people still have .

Adolf Hitler Campbell denied birthday cake with full name
3:28PM Wednesday Dec 17, 2008

EASTON, Pennsylvania - The father of 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell, denied a birthday cake with the child’s full name on it by one New Jersey supermarket, is asking for a little tolerance.
Heath Campbell and his wife, Deborah, are upset not only with the decision made by the nearby ShopRite, but also with an outpouring of angry internet postings in response to a local newspaper article about the cake.
Heath Campbell, who is 35, said in an interview Tuesday that people should look forward, not back, and accept change.
“They need to accept a name. A name’s a name. The kid isn’t going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did,” he said.
After ShopRite refused the request for the cake as inappropriate, the Campbells got a cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said.
About 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, according to Heath Campbell.
The Campbells’ other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April.
Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because “no one else in the world would have that name.”
Campbell said his ancestors are German and that he has lived all his life in Hunterdon County, New Jersey, which is across the Delaware River from Easton.

from The New Zealand Herald
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10548567&ref=rss

OK, I assume this is about the thread I locked. I did leave an explanation in that thread, but to reiterate:

I have no objection at all to a discussion about Hitler. However, that thread’s only connection to the former leader of the NSDAP was the title. The content was so utterly random and nonsensical that I came to the conclusion the originator was most likely off his head on illegal substances, and that the thread would never come to anything.

From time to time it is necessary to lock threads like that lest they degenerate into the internet equivalent of children crayoning all over the walls. The only thing I am attempting to censor is gross stupidity, which was breaking out all over that thread.

In 1938, Hitler became Time Magazine Man of the Year. I believe his accomplishments had something to do with the magazine selecting him as Man of the year.

I am not sure from what he said if Herman2 fell into this common “trap” or not, but I would like to clarify that Time Magazine does not choose, and to the best of knowledge never has chosen, its “Man of the Year” on the basis of accomplishments, or at least, on positive ones. Rather, it is my understanding they are chosen because of the level/importance (for good or ill) of the news/impact on the world the one chosen has had. In other words, when Time selected Hitler as its Man of the Year, it was NOT an endorsement of any sort; it was solely because he was a major player in the news/world. Not having read the article Time wrote, the article’s tone may have been anything from admiring his pre-war domestic successes to a round condemnation of the man for politics, ideology, etc. – my guess is that it had some of both.

Has anybody actually read the cover story about his selection? I did a quick search on-line but didn’t find it…

PS – tried different keywords and found it.

http://www.time.com/time/subscriber/personoftheyear/archive/stories/1938.html

I would not call the article flattering.

THANK YOU
I agree the thread was started a bit unusually and I by no means support Hitler in any way, but I do realize that there are very great things that come from people like Stalin, Hitler etc. On the other hand I also believe that many of the bad and evil things printed about Hitler came from the communists that printed whatever they wanted about Hitler to defame him and label him as more evil than he ordinarily was. I still have my doubts about these lamp shades made out of human skin that the Russians apparently found in Hitler’s house or whatever. I mean, if you read that Hitler ate eyeballs for dinner, would you believe it, just because he was evil as the books say?. Some call him a lunatic or a mad man but when you look at how he mobilized the Reich so quickly breaking treaties without repute and getting away with it, you got to give credit that the man was able to achieve great military objectives. Look at the invasion of France and the toppling of Frances impenetrable Maginot Line. I think this was a Great Achievement. Anyways, thank you for your understanding Mr.Mod,

Thank You Ardee for that clarification of Time magazine comment. If this thread was locked, I would not have had the opportunity to appreciate your comment.I was just winging it with the Time magazine bit.

I don’t know…thats going a bit far in my opinion. Think of how the kid will feel when he grows up. I think parents who name their kid after Adolf Hitler are going a bit off the deep end with their intentions. I remember my grandfather telling me that many many people changed their name if it was Adolf, after the war. I think their is a King of Sweden who still carries the name Adolf. Other than that I can’t think of seeing the name ever…interesting artile Flamethower Guy…Very eye opening!

Hitler was a brillant man with a horrible plan, once wanted to be a painter (which were pretty nice if you have ever seen some of it) but was denied from the art school in Vienna, Austria. Maybe if he wasn’t such a nazi (hehe) then he could of been one of mans greatest people but he just had to be a dictator and had to kill the jews.

Um, We don’t need two winston churchills here!
Anyway if members want to talk about a brilliant man on a thread, why don’t we start up a thread called Winston Churchill instead of the evil son of a #!%*!.
How come Hitler gets more regconition than the great winston Churchill?
I don’t think myself that Hitler will never be on the same page as churchill:)

Regrads

I thought that was Ace VEntura…At any rate, if you would like to see a thread about Winnie, feel free to start it, and extol his every virtue, I’m sure it will be popular. The amount of recognition any person of history receives is due solely to the member responses. And here, there is no restriction on who may be the subject of a thread, regardless of their degree of heroism, or villainy. you may however wish to peruse site rules if you have any concerns. now relax, and enjoy.

images.jpeg

Yes, you got me there.I thought it was VAN oops!
I’m not game enough to start one yet.
Being villain does pay off in the long run,and i don’t see any problems here.
I was just stating want i thought.

Regrads

Who said Winston Churchill wasn’t a great man, to tell you the truth, I hardly know a single thing about him lol, All I know is that he likes the “V” for victory, he likes cigars, he was the PM at the time, he peed in the Rhine with Patton (I think or something, I’ll update you about that), he was one of the big three, he’s British, he got in a wreck in New York, (pretty sure) and thats about it.

Well Ace, dont let this place get to you, its really friendly, and we seldom lose anyone to stake burnings, or the gallows. :slight_smile: so whenever you feel like it, write about something or someone you find interesting.

Oh come on Ace. How can you say Hitler was boring. He was many things but never boring. Just look at any of his black/white speech’s and don’t tell me it’s exciting!. If he was so boring then why did he make Time Magazine Man of the Year?..It wasn’t because he was boring. then again, I think you said, You think he’s boring, and your entitled to your opinion. Some think this thread is boring. Today I cam to work and I had a boring morning. I hope tomorrow is more exciting.:slight_smile:

I agree, Hitler is a story told far too many times, time for someone new to be popular. The problem is the Germans were fanatics for documentation especially photographic, and cinematic, so there is just a huge amount of stuff, so doing bits on him is just easier for the media (and perhaps most boards)than actually working for the story.

Haha i am not off my head on any substances. the only reason i posted that bulletin was to see how many people would argue about something which obviously has no need to argue about. Hitler was horrible. What he did was insane. But you must admit he got the power and did it still. That my friends should be respected. If not it will happen again. Learn from the mistakes you make.

Well he was good at giving speeches i mean the dude could read the yellow pages and make it sound cool oh and by the way not glorifing him he’s a dick