HITLER - The Rise of Evil

Has anyone seen this movie before, its a couple of years old and has some big stars in it but is a brilliant film of the whole life of Adolf Hitler slowly turn into a mad man with the power of a whole country.
Hitler in the movie doesn’t really look like the real Adolf but plays a brilliant role.

The movie is a few hours long but is very much worth watching and the facts of the story as all correct.

Anyone seen it ?

ive never seen it, although i have been looking for a good hitler movie recently. do you know who is in it?

Yes i do mate. :wink:

Adolf hitler - Robert Carlyle
President Hindenburg - Peter O toole

Other actor names :

Stockard Channing
Jena Malone
Julianna Margulies
Matthew Modine
Liev Schreiber
Peter Storemare

This is good and I would recommend it. I think I mentioned this on another thread, but Cralyle gives a truly excellent performance of the maniac in action.

I watch movie its good ,Hitler is real psihopat and maniac ,mad man.

You can actually see him red with his veins pulsating when he speaks his anti-jew propoganda to the Germans and communists, he also spits with fury…i think he played a brilliant role but they could of chosen a more look a like hitler actor, or even powdered Robert Cralyle up a bit more to look like the real Hitler.

Bruno Ganz in Downfall looked alot like Hitler.

Bruno Ganz in Downfall looked alot like Hitler.[/quote]

Yeah he did, but not like the original hitler still.

Was it on ABC or NBC? :?

I caught this movie last year and thought that Robert carlyle,s performance was intense and convincing , he may not have been a Hitler lookalike but he had the mannerisims,body language and speach pattern to a tee.
Robert Carlyle does do a good Psycho ie- Begby in Train Spotting or the serial killing LFC fan in the first series of Cracker.

its on CBS, i buy the dvd and the guy who plays hitler is a pretty good actor despite he doesnt really looks like hitler, his face is less evil than it should be.

the movie is long but it doesnt have much boring part

and anyone knows the reason behind hitler asking her niece to circle around him?

A bit off topic but, there was a Twilight Zone of abut 2-3 years ago where someone went back in time and killed Hitler as a baby. Hitler’s nanny bought a poor Jewish gypsy’s baby from her to replace him and the results were the same- a maniac.

but i dont think the world would be much better without hitler
without hitler, the german communist party could easily be the largeest party in german in around 1930, which would only help the Russians to spread their communists ideas throughout europe

Yes, he was Bonkers!

Bruno Ganz in Downfall looked alot like Hitler.[/quote]

Yeah he did, but not like the original hitler still.[/quote]
sure, lets go back in time and catch the real hitler before he suicides, then asked him to play himself for the next movie

next time please add a poll, thanks

anyways, there is a scene where an officer played a piano music to his wife and his kids while hitler sneaked into his house. Anyone has idea of the name of the music? thanks

The last Hitler’s movie i’ve seen was “Der Untergang”, anybody seen it? 8)

stay on topic please, we have already discuss that movie in the forum