How do you gain rank?

Just a question to the admin, I was wondering how you gained rank in WW2incolor forum?

Well, since I am the siteadmin, I appointed this rank myself. However, you gain rank by posting messages in the forum. The more messages you post, the higher your rank:)

So keep posting and you will eventually get a higher rank.

Just for reference here is what i know so far.

Starting out You are a Private

5 posts - Private 1st class

20 posts - Corporal

50 posts - Sergeant

200 posts - Sergeant Major

This info is for ref … its not here to inspire people to flood the forum with usless posts. Flooding to gain rank will not be tolerated.

How about officers ranks? Do you have any information?

No not yet. The admin mentioned something about privledges with rank but im not sure what they are yet so we will just have to wait and see.

No not yet. The admin mentioned something about privledges with rank but im not sure what they are yet so we will just have to wait and see.[/quote]

if theres a officer rank,youre general now! :wink:

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can have rank come into play on the site? Would be nice if meant more than just number of posts.

Unfortunately, some of those with the highest rank are the worst for posting drivel/cutting and pasting/being plain wrong. Fairly similar to the real army in fact…

Having said that, maybe increased rank could allow a greater choice of avatars or some similar benefit?

Unfortunately, some of those with the highest rank are the worst for posting drivel/cutting and pasting/being plain wrong. Fairly similar to the real army in fact…

Having said that, maybe increased rank could allow a greater choice of avatars or some similar benefit?[/quote]

I agree with you that alot of the highest ranks are some of the worst poster’s but maybe we could off set this with the joined dated(post per day-ppd). So for instance here would be the rank of the current 9 Sergeant Major’s:

1. FW-190 with 3.01 ppd
  2. Preatorian with 3.12 ppd
  3. Dani with 3.75 ppd
  4. Komissar Ombrok with 4.72 ppd
  5. South Afican Military with 5.56 ppd
  6. Gen. Sandworm with 7 ppd
  7. IRONMAN with 8.24 ppd
  8. Erwin with 9.5 ppd
  9. Bluffcove with 12.15 ppd

Along with this you could do some addons maybe to make things equal.

Maybe there should be some kind of cut off line at 15 ppd which would consider you one rank below. Maybe just an idea.

You really are a maths geek aren’t you? :lol:

Only joking, but you do seem to be getting a bit close to the danger area of ppd…

Yea my nerdy-ness does shine thru sometimes… :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree we should change the rank system a bit. Kommissar had a good idea however, he has disapeared. Gaining rank by the number of posts, just makes ppl post for absolutely no reason. I wonder how flexible this site is, and if the admin is willing to give us his time…

the most important, are the number of posts,no the posts per day,so gen sandworm and south african military are in the top,no?

sergeant major

then:

Warrant Officer

Lieutenant

Captain

Major

Colonel

Lieutenant General

and finally: General.

we should make smaller the difference of posts between each rank,because if you need giant numbers of posts,we will never have more than lieutenant.

do you like this form of rank?
am i wrong?

i accept modifications.

sergeant major

then:

Warrant Officer

Lieutenant

Captain

Major

Colonel

Lieutenant General

and finally: General.

we should make smaller the difference of posts between each rank,because if you need giant numbers of posts,we will never have more than lieutenant.

do you like this form of rank?
am i wrong?

i accept modifications.[/quote]

Thats not bad at all.
Anyway i was thinking of a system that will allow fellow posters to “add some reputation” to the person that starts nice posts or contributes to others posts with good info ect.
So this reputation will grow up to some rank and minimize the drivel posting.

Good ideas, I will work on this soon. By the way, i got lots of new pics to add! Some rare Hungarian pics as well.

cool,can we send u some pics?

Sure, if I don’t have them already. You can send to: skunker@gmail.com

please advice us when you put the new pics general,thanks!

I added Hungarian pics to the OTHER UNITS section of the gallery.