How do YOU game?

I have seen some mentions of X-box live in here, ,:frowning: Although I’m sure we all know that P.C. gaming has the right stuff. I was just wondering. How do you game? P.C. Or Console and if Console, ,:(, , which one?

And by the way, , , The only reason I ask is because I’m new to this regiment and would like to get to know some of you a lil better. . .Oh and I’m addicted to WWII gaming. . .:smiley:

I’m addicted to WWII gaming too. I play mostly Medal of Honor games on PS2.

i always preffered computer to console

Roger that sir! ! ! Pc games are faster and the graphics are a 1000x’s better. And what I find ironic, is the cost of a “new” console. The ps3 is like what $600. . . . You know for about an extra $400 you can have a “decent” computer. The big argument is that consoles are becoming more like computers. . . This makes me laugh. . . because the closer it gets to being like a computer, the closer the price gets to being a computer. . . Why not buy or update a computer. . . And the closer they get the farther away they actually are. . . . Consoles update, , , what every 5-10 years or so. . . Computers on the other hand update and improve almost Daily. . . Beleive me I’m an old school vidiot who played the first console systems all the way up to the Ps2 and the X-box. . . But thankfully I met my Wife who turned me on to P.C. gaming. . . And now I try to spread the word. . . If your over the age of 20 you really need to hang up the Nintendo and get in the real (virtual) World. :smiley:

Sincerily gaming opinionated:AFARaider

I do both. Xbox 360 and PC. Xbox live is a real hoot too, the graphics are great and the features are every bit as good as a PC, in some respects even better.

Have you played the “same” game on X & PC? The game speed of the PC. Is waaaay faster. For example I have my mouse (a gaming mouse) cranked up to like 4,000 dpi (half of its capability), So with a flick of the wrist i can do several 360’s. (punn intended). And not to mention that the crappiest Monitor is better than most high end T.V.'s. So if your X-box graphics are “as good” then you either have a sad graphix card or you need to turn your graphics up. Beleive me there is a big difference, When graphix is cranked up (for example) you can see the production stamp and model number on the gun your reloading. I’m not saying x, Ps or even nintendo aren’t fun, but its like going to the fair and playing the squirt gun shooting range (balloons included) or going to a real shooting range with an AK47. Both are fun but really no comparison.

Good points. However, the gameplay is the thing more than the graphics sometimes. There are a lot of good games available for the X-box and others thAt arent on PC.

Also I cant play splitscreen with my son on a PC either, which is also great fun.

QUOTE=Firefly;105197]Good points. However, the gameplay is the thing more than the graphics sometimes. There are a lot of good games available for the X-box and others thAt arent on PC.

Also I cant play splitscreen with my son on a PC either, which is also great fun.[/QUOTE]

Game play like what??? Because other than split screen theres not much difference in gameplay except the graphics. The graphics and sound system creates the realism. . . Anyway to battle the split screen problem we got my wife her own comp. . Now granted if we both want to play online we have to have 2 versions of the game , , , But oh wait WE BOTH CAN PLAY ON LINE ! ! ! :wink: Anyway man I use to think we’ll have to keep up with the consoles for my lil one when he gets older but he already is showing a knack for the mouse n keyboard.

Well, and you are all missing such a major point in this debate. You see, comps are waay better not because of their graphics, speed, etc, but because of the variety of WWII games you can play. With consoles you get what, FPS and psudo-RTS? What is a grognard to do? Comps offer board-games style games that let you win the Great Patriotic War on a much more difficult scale. Such games as WinSPWW2 and People’s Tactics are phreeqing awsome just because they are so different. It is a ‘Far Cry’ away from the simple point and click slaughterhouse that are designed for children to play without so much as the slightest glance at the operating manual and with no sense of tactics or strategy. Also, with comps you can use Linux and make your own games. And if you must think of just FPS and the like, comps own because of two words: Red Orchestra. :smiley:

‘My fingers smell fishy and I like it’

Comrade C.E.R.T. out-

I actually like both console and PC, thing is I’m not risking xp games that aren’t vista compatible.

Another god thing about the Xbox games id that we all have a level playing field. Cheating is rife in PC games. Add to this the fact that in Xbox say, everyone has the same controllers and mikes and specs so it can be much more of a level playing field. I prefer my Xbox for FPS type games and my PC for the strategy based games like Combat Mission etc. Both compliment each other I think.

I have my Xbox in a seperate room wired into surround sound on a 32 inch LCD. My main PC is in another room with a 19 inch screen. For FPS games the Xbox is great in this format.