How good was your Xmas?

Apart from when the kids were up to early teens and really enjoyed it, Xmas shits me to tears.

But today was outstanding!

I got the first ripe home grown tomato with real tomato flavour which you can’t get in store bought stuff.

Same with the first ripe strawberry.

Then a big feed of fresh prawns with my home made cocktail sauce, and sundry other goodies into the gut. But, and this may astonish you, no grog at lunch.

Still, I had a few quick ZZZZ’s an hour or so after lunch.

Then a phone call to my son who’s down at our beach shack having a surfing holiday for a couple of weeks before he goes into basic in the army, and foolishly making sure that his body clock is going to be seriously out of whack with the army’s routine.

Sundry people here for the big evening meal, including the somewhat disturbed 18 y.o. friend of my daughter who was here last year and then had a slow but memorable meltdown after we cleverly rearranged some presents so that she wasn’t left out, which is more than her estranged parents did for her. Also due to her being a bit unhinged by some nasty things which had happened to her in the preceding year. This year she just wept and told us how much it mattered to her that she had a family to spend Xmas with, which is a definite advance. Personally, I was just glad that she didn’t reproduce last year when I and others were wondering if we should call a crisis psych team to take her away before she stuck a knife in herself, or someone else, after she stopped talking to her thumb.

Then my wife and daughter got quietly and steadily stuck into the piss and demonstrated that a young liver not connected to an empty brain beats an old liver connected to a fine brain, which is why my wife went to sleep on the toilet about 10.30 p.m. and my daughter is still awake a few hours later without any more grog. Meanwhile I have been sucking piss like there is no tomorrow and I still have about 40 cans left and, unlike my wife, am not only awake but can walk, talk and engage in rational discourse.

But, and here is the best bit (apart from the missus being out of action and therefore silent), when I started to clean up I turned on the electric television and one of the best films ever to come out of Hollywood, apart from The Outlaw Josey Wales which in any case can’t be compared as it’s a different genre, was on: The Blues Brothers. And I watched it all the way through without interruption!

Can it get any better than this?

It cannot. not in any world, heaven, or dimension. You are blessed among (married) men.

:smiley: Not by much, unless you have a rather large Churchill de Havana Romeo Y Julietta cigar to enjoy along with it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year RS* my friend :smiley: , Uyraell.