Hrhr, this is how we do it (Stealth) ...

http://www.spiegel.de/international/business/0,1518,551152,00.html

Some countries spend billions on the development of something and we just use our pensioners :mrgreen:

Not sure if this is true or if it works but I would not be surprised if the German engineers did it. The German technology has always been top notch.

Radar Absorbing Material is nothing new - it’s been in widespread military use for nearly 40 years now, and many forms of it come as paint. Nothing in this article even suggests he has a particularly good paint either.

Radar absorbing material has already been in military use during ww2 in germany.
How you read the article that you think it doesn’t “suggest a particularly good paint” remains your secret, however.
Spiegel would hardly mention the stuff, if that wasn’t the case, neither would I bother posting the article if the article wouldn’t suggest precisely that.

Looks good, if you have more links about it bring it on. :slight_smile:

Read it carefully. To me it reads as a “human interest - old guy in shed beats boffins” story, rather than a technology one. Then read the “astonishing” bits - with a single exception, they’re all astonished that he cooked it up in a shed, rather than how much better it is than existing paint. Finally, look at the type of people who want to buy it - they aren’t exactly those with access to advanced RAM. I would suggest that this implies the paint isn’t particularly good.