Hungarian AFVs of WWII

Based on the support from more senior Members, I dare to start a New Thread about the WWII Hungarian tanks, armoured cars, SPGs and maybe other vehicles

Let start with the light one!

The Toldi was the Hungarian light tank, based on the Swedish Landsverk L-60B tank. It was named after the 14th century Hungarian knight Miklós Toldi.
Variants
[ul]
[li]Toldi I (k.hk. A20) - first variant armed with 20 mm gun, 80 made.[/li][li]Toldi II (k.hk. B20) - variant with thicker front armour, 110 made.[/li][li]Toldi IIa (k.hk. B40) - modification developed in 1942, armed with 40 mm gun - 80 tanks of earlier variant were rearmed this way.[/li][li]Toldi III (k.hk. C40) - improved variant, only 12 made.[/ul] [/li]
Toldi tanks entered Hungarian service in 1940. They first saw action with the German Army against Yugoslavia in 1941.

These tanks were mostly used against the USSR between 1941-1944. Because of their light armour, armament and good communications equipment, they were mostly used for reconnaissance.

The only existing vehicle is exhibited at the Kubinka Tank Museum

Design

The Büssing NAG water-cooled inline petrol engine generated 116 kW (155 LE), it was mounted in the rear compartment and fed its power through crash-type gearbox with five forward and one reverse gear.
Steering was accomplished by clutches and brakes. There were four road wheels, (the first anf fourth hung on leaf springs) on each side, plus a rear idler (with torsion bars for tension controll), front drive sprocket and two return rollers that form the standard suspension, supporting a narrow but strong track (2x125 chain links).
Turning radius was 8 meters.

More detail comes soon about the “in action” expeience supported by some rare photos.

TGR

Some Photos

The original swedish model

The tank with radio

Crossing an improvised bridge

Leaving Budapest towards the front!

Abanonded (russian front)

Towed (russian front)

Misc.

Regards:
TGR

‘Toldi’ probably of Hungarian 2nd Armoured Division in eastern Poland, photo was taken in summer of 1944. Note the national markings on the side of the tank, supposedly these were common with Hungarian vehicles in 1944.

very nice picture Sir!

i try to recognize the location with some experts!

regards:
TGR