Hungarian II Army

Does anyone knows in which location (on the Eastern front) was unit 219/10 (military code) in December 1942? I know that was unit of light infantry but which regiment?
Thankfully, Interflug:)

219/10 was a GERMAN Sturm-Pz. Abt. with Sturmpanzer IV’s sent to Hungary 03.05.45. - arrived in 03.16.45.

For 1942 I have no data.
219/10 is a non-Hungarian (GERMAN) code.

Regads:
TGR

Hungarian coding: (e.g.) 28/II.
MEANS 2nd (II) batallion of 28th regiment.

The second (2.) Hungarian Army sent 3 Corps to the front, with the following REGIMENTS.

III. CORPS
6th Division’s regimenets:
7th Division’s regimenets:
9th Division’s regimenets:

IV. CORPS
10th Division’s regimenets:
12th Division’s regimenets:
13th Division’s regimenets:

VII. CORPS
19th Division’s regimenets:
20th Division’s regimenets:
23th Division’s regimenets:

Let me know, did I help or do you need further info!!!??

regards:
TGR

Don area and Stalingrad,I think but I saw Tiger 205 have more closeness data

Hello!

I have just found this page bellow.
It meets with all of the needs (i guess)

regards:
TGR

http://www.ordersofbattle.darkscape.net/site/sturmvogel/Hung2Army.html

Thank you very much!
This is my trace…
Russia 6.5.1942-25.8.1942

Russia 30.8.1942-30.12.1942.

Hello!
This is easier!
The number is the “FIELD POST”.
One of my friends is the commander of the “Military History Archive” hopefully he will help us.

BZW
The recipient of the letter was at the rank : private.

regards:
TGR

Any information about 219/4 and 219/10?

The expert of this area is in Berlin (study tour) so we have to wait untill next week, but this is not forgotten!

Regads:
TGR

I purchased Niehorster’s book on the Hungarian Army (The Royal Hungarian Army: 1920-1945), which is excellent. I also bought Volume 2 on the mobile forces, which has much less content but is useful, none-the-less.

I’d be interested in the quality of the formations kept back to guard the Romanian border during WWII. Not much has been written about what was available there if/when a war broke out between the two nations.

Let me try to answer (although I am Hungarian)
The quality of the formations were quite same, or a bit better than the Romanian (motivation was strong) - BUT quantity and equipment was better over the border.
Anyways, it was not realistic the fight as GERMANY wanted both countries to be allied the Third Reich - and not allowed any skirmish between them.

Yes, I knew that both countries kept “good” formations back to defend against each other but I am wondering about details of those formations. How many AFV and what kinds? How well armed was the infantry? How much artillery available, etc…?

WHEN?

Givbe me a date!
1939? 1940? 1941? 1944?

O.K.
I have some details at home, give me a date, and some time - I try my best!

1941 through 1944 would be good! I know, not exactly a small request but I’m looking for details over the general War in the East timeframe!

I’m not an expert on the Hungarian army, but to help you, there is a very good site from a friend of mine who just help you in your research. I put the link, feel free to ask questions, he will be happy to answer you.
English speaking

http://hongrie2gm.creer-forums-gratuit.fr/divers-c2/

Thanks! Very nice site. Any information about 219/4 and 219/10?

Excuse me interflug but I’m not an expert of the Hungarian army, so I sent a private message to the webmaster on the Hungarian army who is a friend and I asked him the question. I share with you his response.
Sincerely Fred

Hello, then after the webmaster of the forum The war in Hungary, it would be rifle battalion (Vadasz) that operated at the border and especially the Carpathians against the Romanian troops who had an eye on Northern Transylvania. He will try to learn more.
Regards Fred

Unfortunately we will have great difficulty identifying the units to which these mailings refer, as the numbers 219/10 and 219/04 are identifiers of postal sector and not in units, should be privy to the Honved to find out who they are.
Sincerely Fred

Thank you very much fredl109:)