I need WW2 Combat Footage!

If anyone could help me find some downloadable combat footage for a school project, it would be greatly appreciated. I have skimmed through the database and picked a few things, but I still need about three more minutes of combat. Thanks!

You may be able to get British footage from the Pathe’ News Archives, which (if memory serves correctly) should be available from National Archives or, Imperial War Museum (failing either of those, HM Home Office Archives).

As for American footage, I’d check Library of Congress film database, and any Army Museum database. It may also be worth checking old broadcast archives from the wartime predecessors of NBC, CBC (Columbia Broadcasting), and RKO.
There is also an old documentary from approximately the early 1970’s called “Hollywood Goes to War” which detailed cameramen in combat, recording footage as events happened, though some were re-staged for the cameras. That was available via PBS for many years, though whether it remains so is unknown to me.

In Germany, Deutsche Bundesarchiv should have some available footage.
France would be their equivalent of National Archives (Bibliotheque Nationale).
Italy, likewise.

In Russia, search Novosti or its’ successor(s), failing that, State Archives, or releases from Pravda or Iskra, both of which had links to filmed footage despite being newsprint-oriented.

Australia and New Zealand maintain some publicly available footage in their respective National Archives, War Museums, and Defence Dept Archives.

Japan may prove to be an effort, as I don’t recall much in the way of publicly available footage there.

The last source would be various “shorts”, ie 2 to 3 minute clips from war movies.

Beyond that, I’m out of ideas as to where else you may find the footage you need.

I wish you the best of luck in your researches.

Kind Regards, Uyraell.

Go to www.archive.org and do a search for " Combat film" or " Die deutsche wochenschau" or " UFA-Tonwoche", and you ll find several US and german combat newsreel.