I was wondering if it is possible to get books

I was wondering if it is possible to purchase books on the German Military Machine for World War II in Germany today?

I live in a part of PA where it was 99.9% German immigrants until 1950. We had 8 German Newspapers during the American Civil War in our town and only 2 English.

World War I changed alot of that because they did not want to be considered un American.

Ok the place I work had some GREAT German production equipment installed over the period of 6 to 8 months. I talked to the Germans to try to help them find their way around the area. They told me our local phone book is much like their back home.

I told the younger ones I love history and I enjoy reading about the advanced weapon systems of the Germans during WWII.
I made it clear I did not agree with the polices but their weapons systems were unbelievable. They agreed, maybe to be nice, that the polices were wrong.

Now they had not seen what I was talking about. So we have a great book store in our area that I can purchase books on German/American War History and weapons.

I told them I would bring the books in but I did not want them to get into trouble with them. I said they could keep them but if it got them in trouble to just throw them away.

They went home and I don’t know if I will ever see them again, but can you purchase such books in Germany and would they be in trouble for having them?

I pray not, and I told them just throw them away they did not cost me that much and I replaced them in short order.