Identification Help, please. Who knows their head gear?

I’ve attached a photo, found on another site and identified as an e-bay find, of two soldiers with a British Boys Anti-Tank Rifle. As you can see, there’s not a lot to go on in terms of identifying the soldiers’ nationalities by their uniforms. I’m not an expert on caps, which seems about all there is to go on, but the one on the left looks like it might by German, and the one on the left is perhaps an Alpini’s cap? Can anybody identify them for sure, or know more about the photo? Right now, I’d guess it’s a captured weapon in N Africa…

Afrika Korps soldier for sure.

Hi Panzerknacker,

Do you mean just the soldier on the left, or both of them? The guy on the right has what looks like a feather in it, it seems to have a different shape, etc.

Both of them. I scaled up the picture and it does not look like a flower , it have square rims.
The only feathered soldiers in north africa were the italian Bersaglieri , but their hat and uniform was completely different.

Take for comparison this headgear tipically used by the german army in Afrika.

Hi Panzerknacker, thanks for your help, and your correction. I had thought that some Alpini had served in Africa as well, but it seems I was in error!

No problem, Ill going to check about the alpinis, I saw those in the russian front, not Afrika, but I will give a look the books.