If anyone knows anyone in these pictures.

Here are some photos of some people and planes that someone might know.
Here is my story behind these photos:

Pictures have never been seen in public before…
I have recently been blessed to have these in my possession.
These photos were in a burnt out building and dug out of the garbage.
This fire was in an apartment complex and there was literally tons of garbage thrown away and these were saved by a family member of mine.
My boy and I are war nuts in a way.My family knows this lol. Old things and the internet are my thing. So I thought it was ironic for me to get a hold of these photos. I believe it was for me to put them out there for the world to see.

I do not know the people in the photos.I wish I would of had the chance though.So I thought this was the best I can do for them.That is to let people know they served for a great cause.

So if anyone knows any of these people or anything about any of the photos any replies would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I did this so people out there looking for their ancestors or friends might see them.

World War 2 Era Photos (14).jpg

World War 2 Era Photos (7).jpg

World War 2 Era Photos (10).jpg

World War 2 Era Photos.jpg

World War 2 Era Photos (5).jpg

World War 2 Era Photos (6).jpg

World War 2 Era Photos (25).jpg

World War 2 Era Photos (35).jpg

World War 2 Era Photos (45).jpg

World War 2 Era Photos (40).jpg

World War 2 Era Photos (37).jpg

World War 2 Era Photos (77).jpg

World War 2 Era Photos (64).jpg

World War 2 Era Photos (71).jpg

The names & info under the photos i put there after i scanned the picture.The information was written on the back of the pictures.Yes they are very real never seen in public pictures.I am putting these on the main WW2incolor site.I do not know if they are supposed to be color.

P.S. If any one can make photos color please do it to these it would be pretty cool to see them in color.I have some more photos to post also that were in the packet with these photos.

I have discovered a name and an address to the man who’s pictures these are. Not sure if he was a photographer or whatever but he was over there for sure lol… Any help on any of these people would be helpful…

Mr.George A. Karpus 7622 S. Campbell Ave Chicago IL.

Now that i got some info i need some help finding out some info…

I applaud you for posting these pics. What I would recommend is to post them on a web site with the names in text, not graphic form. Someone, some time will sniff out a name and contact you. This has happened with the web site I created for my Dad’s memoirs and several contacts have come about, not the least of which was someone sniffing out the pic of my Dad’s first car he owned in 1936. The guy that contacted me owns it today! See the news section of my site for that and other stories from the relatives of long lost comrades. Go to http://www.grimdetermination.co.uk/#/news/4543386022 . This has worked for me! Another good site to post the names on would be Genealogy Forum UK - http://www.genealogyforum.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=18 - not sure if there is a US equivalentbut this site has a war section. Good luck and I hope you hear more from that other guy though I wonder if that is a hoax/joke.
I firmly believe that one day someone will track these pics down.

I have to say this set of pics is intoxicating! I love the painting on the planes and the one of the four guys I wanna go home is just great - you ought to sell it to a greetings card manufacturer who could make a “Sorry your’re homesick” card out of it or something! Thanks again for sharing these. P

I am 90% sure that the photo labeled “Thames River (England)" is taken from Richmond Bridge. Obvioulsy, the eye and the camera see things slightly different and the shoreline of the Thames is ever evolving to meet, recetreational, commerical or residential needs.

There are a number of bridges Richmond upon Thames, Chiswick, The bridge at Hampton Court(next to Henry VIIIs palace) and Kingston upon Thames that have the same or similar style of Balustrade in the design.

The relative position and distance from the bridge to the island downstream, and the shore line provides the most compelling evidence for this bridge and not others. That said the photographer has managed to avoid getting the Georgian Terrace to the right into shot!

Certainly, Richmond or Hampton Court even Kingston would be potential RnR / Culture destinations for a GI

If you go to google and put the yellow street view man on the bridge and turn to look down river towards the island, you should see my rationale.

Richmond on google maps

BD99

Here is some info i found out.

scan0034.jpg

Little Pink Panties Info.txt (747 Bytes)

LPP Info.txt (2.04 KB)

Scrumptious

One of the pictures is scrumptious getting ready to take off

Scrumptious.txt (250 Bytes)

John W. Colsch

Name on plane and info.

I looked up the numbers and found the plane the huntress i believe was the plane hit by the bomb and had its wing ripped off.

This is the photo where you can see George HOU posing proudly in front of the front of the B-26 with the pin-up.
By enlarging the photo, you can easily distinguish the pilot’s name above symbols missions. This is John W COLSCH. Up front, a second name appears F. KOHLER.

John W Colsch was pilot in the 573rd Squadron. He and his crew were killed Aug. 13, 1944 during a bombing mission at Cherisy , France ( near my home ). During the bombardment, the right wing of his aircraft, the B-26 # 42-95800, 4L-C code was crossed by a bomb dropped from another aircraft that was in the top box, and cut off the engine. The aircraft of Lt Colsch swung violently and collided with B-26 # 42-95834 code P2-B piloted by Lt. Ralph A. BOYD from 572nd Squadron . The two aircrafts crashed to the ground. The entire crew of Lt. Colsch was killed. In the other crew, only Ralph H. BOYD survived. He was taken prisoner and will join its base in September 1944.
Here is crew names of B-26 # 42695800
1 Lt John W . COLSCH Pilot
2 Lt William J. KELLY Co-Pilot
1 Lt John F. KOHLER Bombardier
Sgt Henry A . MILLER Eng Gunner
T/Sgt Warren D. RAYMOND Radio-Gunner
S/Sgt Verlin H. BRANDENBURG Armorer-Gunner
I don’t know if the B-26 on the picture is 42-95800.
Because of its small size, Lt. COLSCH was nicknamed "Smiley ". He was originally from the state of Iowa. The mission on Cherisy was ahis 65th and last mission, and was in the days following return home.

Profiles and Photo Data: 42-95800 Martin B-26B-45-MA Marauder

USAAF serial number S/N: 42-95800 Martin B-26B-45-MA Marauder

1942095800, 42-95800 Martin B-26B-45-MA Marauder, Fate: Lost Unit: 391BG574BS Remarks: 391BG574BS The Black Death Group Code:4L-C hit by bomb dropped from above and collided with 42-95834 Aug 13, 1944. MACR-7684, Disposal: 13-Aug-44

John W Colsch's Name On Plane.jpg

John w Colsh Names On Plane Info.txt (1.81 KB)

Idiots delight… I found a picture of her in flight.

scan0042.jpg