Increase timeout time on forums

I was wondering if you could increase the timeout time on these forums before you’re automatically logged out. Is there a need for a very short timeout? Bumping it up to a half hour or 45 min. should be fine. I get nervous everytime I see the login page after writing a post…I hate it when posts get killed by the clock.

Ya, I agree. I keep getting locked out after I am half way through an indepth comment to a thread. Then I have to log back in, and I lose track of what I was saying. It can be very annoying.Something should be done about this. PDF, your the Man. Pls see what you can do about this Please. I have faith in you that you can get the job done.If you can’t then I guess we could always wait for RS when he becomes Mod, and ask him to do it.:army:

Sort out the cookies setting in your browser - I’ve been logged in for about 6 months on this PC and never had to log back in again.

Same here.

Alternatively, write your post in Word or whatever text software you use and save it as you go, then copy and paste to the forum. Murphy’s Law says that the longer a post, the more likely you are to lose it just before hitting the Submit button if you haven’t saved it as you go.

Which of his laws? Murphy has at least 17 laws called “Murphy’s Law”.

If you will check the box remember my password when you log on, you wont be timed out mid post. PanzerKnacker told me about that one.

I never get logged out either.

Proc

Never been logged out except BSOD and PC restart.