Indian Army Structure

Question: Does anybody know what the current Indian Army structure looks like. When looking on google I could only find 35 Division’s but would love to know where I could find the Brigade’s and then Regiments below the Divisions.

For what it is worth - and I would not dare to suggest this other than a starting point - there is quite a lot of information on the Indian Army (ancient and modern) on Wikipedia. This includes information on brigades and regiments. To make the most of it, however, it will be necessary to navigate your way around a not-necessarily-helpful link forest and, of course with Wikipedia (and, as I am sure you know), further research to confirm is always advisable. Best of luck, JR.

BTW - this should, perhaps, be in “Other Research” rather than “Quiz Room”. Just a suggestion, JR.

Right, thread moved.

JR Thank you but have already looked at Wiki and the Indian Forces websites but am still struggling with info to help me with my research.

Noseyparker

Dear All,

I was going to ask the following question:

I am doing some research on the Indian Army and have found on the Indian Army website a list of some of the Regiment names and from Wiki a structure which shows a list of 6 different commands, over 30 Divisions and numerous independent Brigades.

However my research could do with going deeper and trying to understand the Brigade under the Divisions, Regiments that belong to each Brigade and if at all possible the sub-units belonging to each Regiment.

I appreciate that this task is massive due to the size of the Indian Army but if anybody can assist me in any of this detail I would be very grateful.