"Indigènes" - "Days of Glory"

“Indigènes” (engl. title "Days of Glory) is an algerian-moroccan-belgian-french co-production from 2006.
I rented and watched this movie yesterday. I tells the story of colonial soldiers (from all over Africa but mostly algerian) in french service and their way in WW2 from Italy, across France to the Alsace mountains at the french-german border in early 1945. The movie also shows the rassist prejudices of the french troops towards the “berbers”.
However the movie dragged on a little bit in dramaturgic aspects and the big “showdown” shows some Hollywood borrowings it’s still very interesting to see a WW2 movie from this perspective.

P.S. The french government was indeed affected by the movie and increased the pensions of their former colonial soldiers respectively adjusted it to regular french soldiers’ pension.

Yeah, I watched this movie several months ago. It’s worth a rental. It’s sad that those men weren’t recognized for their achievements until most of them died off. The ending reminded me of the ending to “saving private ryan” as to having to hold a bridge from destruction.

Loved this film. I’ve always thought there would be a film like this about black soldiers in the US military in WWII but no one has made one yet. Here in Australia black soldiers used to get hanged just for fun by whites in their camps.

Wrong, this one should already be running in the States.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1046997/

Kewl, but I forgot Tuskagee Airmen :mrgreen: