Indonesian's TNI won most of medals from AASAM Championship

Last year and this year, Indonesian’s TNI had won most of medals ini most of category in Australian army skills at arms, if notice from the last year’s result, the top 2 of every category got couple of single at least Indonesian’s TNI name there, except for Bayonet match and couple of others.

http://www.army.gov.au/~/media/Files/AASAM/AASAM%202014/AASAM%20International%20Results%202014%20V2.pdf

I wonder on how important this event to relate on the military performance of the participated countries.

I know well an Australia soldier who participated in this event this year and last year.

The answer to your question is: Not much.

Teams aren’t representative of the general standard of any of the armies participating, which tend to send their best competitors.

It’s also influenced by other factors, such as the Australian soldier I know having done a lot of bayonet work recently on an exchange with another country.

What is encouraging about this event is that the soldiers from all countries generally get on well together and often form friendships which go beyond the event, including invitations to visit each other in their homes in their home countries later. The Australian soldier I know has a standing invitation to stay in the home of a Japanese soldier from last year’s event, and vice versa.

It’s a pity some of the nations involved couldn’t form the same genuinely friendly and lasting associations.

isnt it all about a competition is? :slight_smile: