Information about my grandfather??

Hey Guys.

Im trying to find information about my grandfather, who fought in the german army during WW2.
The only info i have is, that according to my dad and granmother, he was in the SS. He was in france, then russia and last in italy, where he was captured. He was in military prison until 1947.
Before the war he was a policeman, and after the war, he was again allowed to continue as an policeman.
He had the blodtype tattoo on his arm.
I ofcourse also have his Fullname, were he was an policeman, dato of birth etc etc…
But i cant find anywhere on the internet, where i can see in which regiment i fought!

I hope somebody here can help me out.

Cheers !

Do you mean he didn’t join the Danish SS Freecorps, but some other unit?

Since your grandfather was part of the German armed forces you can try here:
http://www.dd-wast.de/

A response will take some time (a couple of months) and cost some money (20-30 Euro) but you should get all the info you want.

My family is German, but we live in Denmark today. So no my grandfather was not in the “Frikorps Danmark”.

Thanks mate :slight_smile:

But are you sure that i can use that site, since he didnt get killed in the war??

Yes, it says you can get information about persons who were killed in action during the war but also about relatives who are dead for longer than 10 years. You just have to prove your kinship in written form.

YOU want WE to find infor about YOUR grandfather, weird.

Not everybody is lucky enough, like you were, to have a grandfather who was the best grandfather who ever strode the planet and therefore is known to everyone on the planet.

And by the way, your opinion of my rights …I care more about the price of the pineapple in the Kuala lampur street market than anything you can say about my rigths and the rights of the grandfathers.

My granfather were better than you you and better than any muslim.

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10123&page=2

So, lesser mortals seeking information about their ancestors have to make the sort of enquiries Schallburg is making in this thread.

Which, oddly enough, is one of the reasons this forum exists and one of the services it tries to provide.

Along, apparently, with allowing pompous pricks from the pampas to work off their PMT with stupid comments aimed at innocent members who deserve better. How weird is that? :shock:

Schallburg: Please ignore Panzerknacker’s pointless comments. Everyone tries to when he’s in his silly phase, as he clearly is now. He’s actually quite harmless, as he’s from Argentina.

Along, apparently, with allowing pompous pricks from the pampas to work off their PMT with stupid comments aimed at innocent members who deserve better. How weird is that? :shock:

I dont trying to undermine SchallB, just saying that is weird.

By the way since you are in the insulting mood if you want we could do a poll in teh off topic section of who is most pompous prick in ww2incolor, probably I would even scale to the third place, I has several ones above me, including you.

Don’t sell yourself short. Your talent as a pompous prick is legendary…

If so why I dont have any Infraction point in my profile as you do ?

I am legend in this forum, but no In the way you might ( might) want to think.
Anyway, I dont triying to ignite any polemic, I am just surprized by the less than funny comment by rising. It seems my the fault is for knowing exactly where and when my ancestors come from and wich where their activities.

Oh God no! I have a demerit?!

I am legend in this forum, but no In the way you might ( might) want to think.
Anyway, I dont triying to ignite any polemic, I am just surprized by the less than funny comment by rising. It seems my the fault is for knowing exactly where and when my ancestors come from and wich where their activities.

Yeah, a legendary tool…