Inglourious Basterds!

Well, has anyone seen this yet? It’s getting slightly mixed, but mostly positive, reviews…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOMKloOEKcU

https://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=lazerguy-20&l=ur2&o=1

I must be honest that this one doesn’t do it for me.
It looks very over dramatised.
I prefer films that stick more to reality.

What a really stupid movie. Very Cheaply made and Brad Pitt hardly stars in the movie. The only exciting part in the whole dam movie was when Dr.Goebbels was humping his French Interpreter. It is not only boring , it is lacking of action. The part where the guy wacks the German soldier in the head with a baseball bat and then lauging about it, was sick and malicious. I heard people in the Cinema talking how Germans and Nazi’s are deserving of this type of cruel treatment. I walked out before the ending and I really don’t see what all the hype is about with this movie. I give this movie a 9 thumbs Down. It sucks!

I totally agree with you…this film has also been answered to in the movies and clips section.

Merged…

I admit the trailer looks like some heavy stuff concerning violence and all. However that’s what makes Tarantino movies great (among other things). I liked this line of a German reviewer: “A phanstasy of vengeance that doesn’t care about historic reality because Tarantino always had the opinion that cinema is the better reality anyway. No movie ever showed such an impertinence to just ignore history.”

Some Basterd Merged my thread with another!..(just kidding).Sorry i did not know this topic was already covered.

I didn’t see it and I dont think I will watch it, I prefer realistic WW2 movies and do not really like Tarantino’s film style

The movie was absolute garbage and resembles nothing of history.

That would be fine if it was a good film… But it just sucked

Inglorious movie. Never a worse war movie ever made. They should seriously give people their money back and burn any evidence of having ever made such a dog of a movie.

I saw the movie,some parts could have been better, but I don’t think it was intended as a serious cinematic undertaking, Tarantino’s movies are all pretty much graphic novel material. Weird War, Sgt. Rock/Fury, and my favorite, the Haunted Tank are all in the same vein. Just “what if”.

Some of it was interesting, dialogue parts mainly but other than that it’s something i never plan to waste time on again.

There has been a lot of wasted celluloid on bad World War II movies in the last 65 years. “Inglorious Bastards” was the biggest ‘bastard’ of a ‘flick’ yet. Let us not even refer to it as a movie. Too bad it came out when the last of the WWII vets are still around. They deserve better recognition and charactor association than that. Thank goodness for Saving Private Ryan, They Were Expendable, The Best Years of Our Lives, In Harm’s Way, A Bridge Too Far, The Longest Day, Band of Brothers, Flags of Our Fathers, Cross of Iron, Enemy at the Gates, The Great Escape, The Big Red One, and many, many others, past and present. JMHO

I think it’s more a comedy than anything else. Of course not everybody’s type of humor.

Procyon, check out my thread on the biography and soon-to-be motion picture, THEY FOUGHT ALONE by John Keats.

it was funny, and it was a so-so movie

Finally found the time to watch the movie and I loved it. I must admit though I’ve always been a Tarantino fan and as such I was not disappointed.
The absolute highlight, this one killed me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on07HQPjYnk&feature=related

Are you left handed?

Ironically, when there was an endless list of great movies back in the late 60s and my brother and I could see them on the big screen for just loose change, my brother was always more enamored by dimwitted movies like … “Planet of the Apes.” “Inglorious Bastards” seems to fall into that class. Oh well, to each his own.