Insomnia

Right its currently 0232hrs where i am right now and i can’t sleep. I’m currently loaded up to the eyeballs with sleeping pills but it’s not having an effect. I’ve been in bed since 2300hrs and have just got up again as i can’t sleep. Now Gents, can anybody tell me the best way to get to sleep, please i’m desperate! :evil:

Have you really taken speeling pills, and still not sleeping?!?!
For me I just lay down in bed and think about various war games. Then I will fall asleep.

Fella, I’ve taken about four of the bleedin’ things and i’m fully awake. I must have got used to sleep deprivation from doing too much stag! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

edited to add:
Stag; a British army colloquism for going on sentry duty i.e.
Soldier A ‘come on scaley you lazy ct of an officer cadet get up, it’s your stag’
Student-scaley 'mmm…awww f
k off it was my turn an hour ago’
Soldier A ‘you’re forgetting this is a TA section and we’ve only got 5 blokes, now get on stag you t**t’

Try a nice cup of hot chocolate and a read through of some of Ironmans old posts

Oooh, the horror, the horror.

Actually my best mate in halls is still awake and he suggested we get kitted up and go and set up an OP in the local park and spy on the homeless who live there, then upon gaining accurate target information conduct a fighting patrol and shoot them with BB guns.

I told him to stop drinking

I was having sleep problems over the weekend so decided to occupy my time in copying Der Manns pykrete experiment. Everything was going fine until I realised I had mistakenly read pikeycrete, any ideas as to what I should do with a caravan full of tacky capo di monte and lucky heather.

I used to just knacker myself, go for a 5 or so mile run and then do some sit ups or press ups. Also, you can lower your food intake.

Disclaimer:I’m not a doctor so take my information at your own risk, if you explode or something I’m not to blame! :lol:

Assuming that you don’t have a frau present (which would beg the obvious solution), have you considered having a jolly good grumble?

Stedent Scaley wrote:

I told him to stop drinking

Schoolboy error!!! (Or Student error!! :smiley: ) You should have asked him for some beer and gone on a all night bender!!!

Assuming that you don’t have a frau present (which would beg the obvious solution), have you considered having a jolly good grumble?

Come off it i’m a student, don’t you think i’ve already tried.

Schoolboy error!!! (Or Student error!! ) You should have asked him for some beer and gone on a all night bender!!!

Problem No.2 the missus doesn’t let me drink.

What’s more important - a healthy pomp or peace of mind for the rest of your life ?

DS Solution

Mag her.

[quote=“Cuts”]

What’s more important - a healthy pomp or peace of mind for the rest of your life ?

DS Solution

Mag her.[/quote]

mag her?

Sorry just got it, mag to grid - get rid.

Umm…don’t think so fella i’m on to a good thing with her.

Does anyone know of any alternative medicine malarky stuff that helps with sleep? Maybe that might work.

Err, how much of a good thing is it if she won’t let you drink? Sounds like a horrible control freak to me!

As for alternative medicine malarky, you could always try beating yourself into submission :lol: . Sounds like you need it! :lol:

Err, how much of a good thing is it if she won’t let you drink? Sounds like a horrible control freak to me!

As for alternative medicine malarky, you could always try beating yourself into submission :lol: . Sounds like you need it! :lol:[/quote]

Not a control freak but a health freak, seriously though guys anyone think of any herbal remedy whatsits?

Hot chocolate or a hot toddy does it for me.

If you can convince your better half that the finest whiskey, natural honey and the purest of boiling water is a “herbal” remedy.

Healthy nut, eh? Point out that German beer (in particular) is as healthy as you get, nothing but malts, water and sugar and of course sweet, sweet alchol.

Everything in moderation and that.

Quite scary she’s got you under the thumb so soon!!! My Mrs has tried to regualate my alchold intake for years!!! You can’t be a push over, the more faults you have the more time she needs to fix you up!!!

I’m sorry gents but i am unfortuneatly under the thumb. She is a medical student and was able to remove my spine whilst i was sleeping.

Primrose Oil helps a lot of people chill and sleep - try it, the worst that can happen is you smell of flowers in the middle of the night.

But this being under the thumb business needs to be nipped in the bud, else in a few months time you’ll find yourself on the front page of Nagoya Budo Bondage Monthly in a one piece rubber gimp suit with ‘easy access’ rear flap, being led on all fours by your missus toward some sweating Japanese executives who are all chewing on schoolboys’ yellowing y-fronts…

some sweating Japanese executives who are all chewing on schoolboys’ yellowing y-fronts…

But she is Japanese! it’s not too bad really don’t have to make many decisions. she doesn’t give me any real grief and she looks after me. it’s not that bad really.

Cheers about the primrose oil, she might even like it!

You going for a commission ?

It works well on children & I know a couple of dorii that use these ‘essential oils’ for various things - perhaps a lot of it is psychosomatic but if it works, it works.
Just make sure you both actually want to sleep before splashing it all over !