Interest's/Hobbies

Hi

Are there any other Members on this forum, who collect militaria IE, Uniforms, Cap Badges, Weapons, Helmets, Webbing, or other items relating to the military, just asking:D

Chunky

I did back in the 80’s when there were fewer fakes…today I limit myself to books.

I do have some things from various times remaining, but mostly the aforementioned fakery, and the skyrocketing prices of honest collectables, has dampened my interest in the pastime. Used to be an honest bring back German Helmet could be had for $25 or so for an average specimen in good+ condition. K98 could be got for $50 to $100 depending on maker, and the usual things. Flags, uniforms were very popular, but still within reason for prices, and availability. Soviet stuff was not as desirable,at least not until Viet Nam. Although their firearms did have some interest.
If you have an interest in unique militaria, have a look here, www.ima-usa.com/‎ and you will find some nice things that you may be able to purchase. They specialize in legal in any Country type things. (Completely deactivated.) just buy and they mail it to you.

I stopped collecting cap badges many years ago, mine are all genuine ones though, well that’s what the dealers told me, that I bought them off:lol: still have them, most of my book collection, is of the First World War.

Thank you for the link tankgeezer, have bought a couple of WW2 repro’s items from a dealer in America, not into collecting in a big way, like I use to be with my WW1 British collection, like you, I can’t afford the prises now, although the kid in me, still buys:oops:, I bought 1 then another 3, lets say M1 American helmets, painted and corked them as best I can, this started me off on a small American WW2 collection, still like my toys.:lol:

Nothing wrong with collecting, a perfectly sound hobby. I used to have a nice collection of inert artillery shells from 20mm up to 8 inch. Fun stuff in it’s time.

Nice.

I collect die cast models of tanks. I can’t expand my collection because the company that made them went out of business… Curse you Solido!

I have about 40-50 vehicles, ranging from the Pz. IV to the deuce and a half to the AMX 30 Pluton.

Hi Churchill

Looks to me, that you have a great collection, do you display them in a class cabinet, I did have a collection of dinky cars,trucks and military vehicles, did put them on show at a model exhibition, about 4 years ago, but since then, they were kept in a box under the bed, so I sold them, also sold of my Britain’s military figures, still have my Union and Confederate ones, I also have 2 1:16, Tiger RCT Tanks, did have a couple more but I wrecked them. Heng Long rubbish. instructions say’s not to used on carpets or grass.

I have them displayed in a glass cabinet… I just need to put a light behind them so I can see them better. I wish there were more Soviet vehicles… Or any British vehicles…

How are those Tigers modeled? Simple gray or with camo and other tools?

tank 1.JPGtank 2.JPGtank 3.JPGtank 4.JPGtank 5.JPGtank 6.JPG

snow5.JPG

This is one off them, painted it, I cut away at plastic, and melted it to create the battle damage, the other one I have, as been painted, these are old photos taken and posted in the RC Tank Forum, I was a member of, haven’t any room for them in the house, so they been out in the shed for a couple of years.

Any photos taken of your’s

Those look good.

I don’t have any photos at the moment, but if I remember I’ll take some when I come back from France around the 5th of January.

You like going to France, my wife and I, have been going over to France “Somme” and Belgium "Flander’s, every year since 1995, did go to Normandy last year for the first time, hoping to do the WW1 100th and the D-Day 70th, next year, love it out there, all the best with your trip.

Cheers mate. This time is only a family visit to the north of Orleans.