IRONMAN - our First 2nd Lieutenant

congratualtions to IRONMAN on making it to 1000 posts!

of which three have been useful!

Congrats IRONMAN :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Isn’t Sergeant Major to Second Lieutenant effectively a demotion?

No even the Sergeant Major of the Army is still below all Officers. Although The Sergeant Major of the Army is a highly respected position and very hard to achieve he still is infact an enlisted man. At least that is the way it is in the American Army which this is based upon.

Aye, it’s the same system in the British Army. That’s why I said ‘effectively’. Apparently it’s an amusing sight when young subalterns discover that although they outrank a Sergeant Major, he’s still in charge.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea kind of a pisser for those just getting out of a Officer’s School

Especially when it’s a 19 year old TA 2/Lt. I’ve seen it happen. :smiley:

sh*t,another off topic!!

Eh ?

Thread title: IRONMAN - our First 2nd Lieutenant
(My bold)

(Again, my bold)

Seems to me that the rank of 2Lt is 100% on topic, but then what would I know about military subjects ?
:roll:

Especially when it’s a 19 year old TA 2/Lt. I’ve seen it happen. :D[/quote]

What are you saying? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What are you saying? :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

He’s saying that even though officers are higher than Sergeant Major in rank, they have been there alot longer the more new officers. Enlisted do the dirty work and the officers mostly do paper work. If the Sergeant Major was higher in rank it would be confusing. Like in my NJROTC(Navy Junior Reserve Officers Training Corpsa high school program that allows you to enter as a E-3)im Cadet/Master Cheif Pettey Officer(=Sereant Major) and I am 4th in command of the unit but im still not a officer so the officers are higher in rank but im higher on the bullet then they are :? . Its just really hard and confusing

P.S.Do other countries have programs in collage like ROTC which allow you to enter as a officer right off the bat?

What are you saying? :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

He’s saying that even though officers are higher than Sergeant Major in rank, they have been there alot longer the more new officers. Enlisted do the dirty work and the officers mostly do paper work. If the Sergeant Major was higher in rank it would be confusing. Like in my NJROTC(Navy Junior Reserve Officers Training Corpsa high school program that allows you to enter as a E-3)im Cadet/Master Cheif Pettey Officer(=Sereant Major) and I am 4th in command of the unit but im still not a officer so the officers are higher in rank but im higher on the bullet then they are :? . Its just really hard and confusing

P.S.Do other countries have programs in collage like ROTC which allow you to enter as a officer right off the bat?[/quote]

WAH! :twisted: