Italian Military

Any chance of an Italian Military section. You have Japanese already.

No reason why not, but would it be used? I havent seen too many Italian topics here over the years.

I’d use it! (But fair comment).

Well if you want to start in other military and the traffic is high enough then it will be moved into its own seperate area. We are nothing if not accomodating here.

Cheers…

How to put this delicately?

It might be that Japan attracts more attention because it did rather more than Italy, with rather more success.

Maybe you can piggy back an Italian sub-forum off the German forum?

It would be quite reminiscent of WWII actually.:slight_smile:

I didn’t realise that the Italians did a lot with their subs. :smiley:

Maybe they avenged Taranto?

They did a bit with their Subs and I believe operated out of French ports for a while in the Battle of the Atlantic.

I dont know too much about it but the Human Torpedoes were pioneered by them and were deemed to be very sucessfull.

http://www.comandosupremo.com/Decima.html

Sub off German??? :shock:

please not …

However I could post something about Human Torpedoes, but I need time to translate … my english is not so good.

Compliments for this forum: it’s really interesting

Remember how everyone feared Italian Airforce during the Battle of Britain?

Me neither ;-D

_

Rising sun.
It might be that Japan attracts more attention because it did rather more than Italy, with rather more success.
Unquote

Not in Europe or Africa they didn’t!

Plenty of attention here!

http://www.comandosupremo.com/forum/index.php

Well, they did a lot of sinking. :slight_smile:

I don’t know much about the topic, but to be fair I thought the Italian air force had some very good fighters and well trained pilots, but their bombers were dated and completely outclassed by the Allies…

Can’t recall where I picked this up, but Mussolini went on an inspection tour of air bases in Italy. He was entertained lavishly and at length at each base, while the magnificent planes he had just inspected flew to the next base to have their markings altered in time to be inspected as supposedly another set of magnificent aircraft.

Sounds like one of those apocryphal stories, but it’d be funny if it’s true.