JagdPanther

Anyone have some good photos of the jagdpanther, i thought germans used the chasis of their thanks quite well. Hey why not design a whole new chasis and waste our time instead use this one we already designed and manufacturing. What do u guys think?

Heres a JagdPanther shoot its cannon.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ov9UdRHoaAc

Some basic info:

A picture of one of the very first vehicles to be manufactured, note the pistol port in the side, characteristics who was deleted later.

The close-up below indicates points vulnerable to infantry attack: sight opening (1), hatches (2), ventilators (3), periscopes (4), and the rear door (5).

Also notice the three shell holes in the rear-right flank of the Jadgpanther

Really good images there Wolfgang.

And this is just nasty…17 pounders perhaps?

I suppose so. Looks like the JagdPanther didn’t show its badass this time :mrgreen:

Ah the JagdPanther. Panzerknacker you sure as hell know a lot about them. How are you guys long time no see?

Welcome back HG ,man, you are cheating on us with other forum I know. :wink:

suppose so. Looks like the JagdPanther didn’t show its badass this time

I all in the position… if you are a Crownwell/Churchill/T-34/JS-2/Sherman tanker and see a Jagdpanther in the front of you better say your last prayers.

However if you manage to sneak in the side and have a respectable gun is done, the gun azimuth was nonexistant and take time to engage target in the left/right. That account for the large losses of Stugs in the french bocage location in wich they cannot turn the entire vehicle to aim (as they usually do in Russia) due the closed terrain.

Nah, I have been not that active since I changed from the job I had so it is now that I am trying to get back what I have been missing these few months.

Glad to see you are still here.

Well the JagdTiger was way better than the JagdPanther in my opinion. What do you think Panzerknacker?

Is nice to have back

Glad to see you are still here.

Still here ??? no friend , I am in charge of whole thing :mrgreen:

Well the JagdTiger was way better than the JagdPanther in my opinion. What do you think Panzerknacker?

Better in firepower yes ,but extremely heavy and prone to mechanichal failure to be a practical vehicle, impressive yes, but in my opinion the Jagdpanther was more suitable.

Mechanichal geez yes, the engine were the same as that of the King Tiger. The other thing is that was these moving artilary realy worth the while? The other thing is that they did not have enough protection against infantry. The Ferdinant and Elefant were also not that bad except that the Ferdinant did not hav any other guns except for the main gun.

The elefant had some MG-34 , but no much difference.

The Ferdinad was an attemp to save the chasis wich teorically should be completed as Porsche Tigers, but the Henschel Tiger won the competition those were out of job, so why not put a 88mm Pak 43 to blast some russian tanks ?

The electric motors were not as satisfactory as spected.

The German sdid not actualy give a hell about the engines of these little monsters.

Welcome back Henk!

I all in the position… if you are a Crownwell/Churchill/T-34/JS-2/Sherman tanker and see a Jagdpanther in the front of you better say your last prayers.

The IS2 had monstrous armor. I don’t think the JagdPanther would be too much of a fight.

i personally like the ferdinand/elefant because of its huge amount of armour which was i think around 200mm and its high velocity gun. it lacked the ball mounted mg-34 but then added after the battle of kursk. And the is2 had low quality steel when first manufactured, so the jagdtiger would destroy the is2 by far even before the is2 was in range. And the is2 also suffered from low amount of ammunition only 22 shells.

The IS2 had monstrous armor. I don’t think the JagdPanther would be too much of a fight.

Uh ??, that is why you dont know the characteristics of the Kwk 43 L/71 88mm gun, with the normal hardened steel core armor piercing capped high explosive tracer ammunition Panzergranate 39/42 it could penetrate 170 mm rolled homogeneous plate sloped 30 º @ 1000 meters, the max armor in the JS-2 was 120 mm.

The Ferdinad was and impressive design yes, but mauled by mechanical failure as his predecesor.

Oh…I stand corrected! :smiley:

Thanks for the info.

Thanks Dani glad to see you again.

What a beautiful monstrosity…