Japan Co-Prosperity

This I put as a 2nd opinion with regards to Japan occupation in the asia region,.

I am not too sure on how Japanese occupied another countries other than Indonesia,.

However;

1. As soon as Japan Invaded Indonesia, they formed many military formations which hoped to be the embrio of future Indonesia Armed Forces
    they also trained some local to be a commissioned Officers
  2. they even created my civil govermental bodies that helped The indonesian to administere their own matter.
  3. There were verbal promises made by prominent Japanese leader on Indonesia Independence.
  4. Soekarno was INDEED invited to Tokyo and met the Emperor with regards to Japan Promises on Indonesia Independence.
  5. Just after Japan Surrender, Japanese, despite of allied pressure on the colonized countries, they provides some assistances in Indonesia Pro Independence movement, Admiral maeda Suggested and assisted the proccess of Indonesia Proclaimation of Independence.
  6. Elements of Japanese Armed Unit, ignored the movement of local militia group, they even assisted the proccess of weapons/armory took by force of local militia, there were even at least half squadron of attack bi-plane stolen by republicans.

And this off course came with prices;

1. Romusha also formed as forced labour to help with war infra-structure
  2. Jugun Ianhu was existed

Cheers

That is similar to other places the Japanese Army occupied. Local people were found who would serve in a pro Japanese governement. The Japanese Army was responsible to the Emperor for administration of the conquored territorys. So Army officers governed the establishment of local leaders and administration.

Hello,

Much of the East Indies (most of Borneo, all of Celebes, and the Moluccas) was under Imperial Navy civilian adminstration (Minseibu)–Yet, the promises made by Japan to the Indonesians were quickly altered–in March 1942–when the nationalist flag (on Java) was outlawed. In most areas the Japanese administration of local resources undermined economies and caused greater hardships for the native populace. Nonetheless, it is true that the Japanese indeed furthered Indonesian nationalism…once they saw the war (for them at least) was lost. And many of the first businesses to re-enter the old East Indies after the war were Japanese.