Japanese battle Flag and Kamikaze / Infantry headband ??

I recently acquired a Japanese flag and Japanese headband from someone whose father in law fought in New Guinea during WWII. I am wondering if anyone here can tell me what the makers mark on the flag says (and what the flag was used for) and what the headband scarf says and is. The headband looks like no other that I have seen on the internet. Any help is appreciated.

The headband - Hachimaki - carries the slogan Buun Chokyu (May your military fortunes be long lasting). This was a very popular slogan and is found on a number of ‘good luck’ items such as 1000-stitch belts (Senninbari) usually sent by loved ones to the Front.

Thanks a bunch! Mine has stitching on the lettering and is about 3 1/2 ft. long (not including the ties). I believe now that this could be a Senninbari belt like you are talking about. Way to big for a head. I appreciate your help!

By any chance, can anyone tell me what the Japanese writing on makers mark for the flag says?

Yes.

“Made in Japan”

Alright, I’m sorry for being flippant, but I couldn’t resist it. Mea culpa, etc, etc :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Yes, yes Rising Sun,
it probably was a little flippant answer, but someway nice and funny… :lol: Believe me when i say that i can realize that you “couldn’t resist…” :frowning: I would say the same, with the unquestionable respect that the matter deserves.
Best regards.