Japanese - German encounters

Good pict.
So where it was?I see the steppe.
Is it In Manchguria( Japane Mongolia)?

The sole Ju290A-5 went to Manchuria with some germans. Mabe it is them.

It could quite easily be prewar - there are no obvious features by which the one German in the photo can be dated that I can see.

Hi.

From 1939 onwards Japan and Germany started a technology-for-rare raw materials exchange based on the Anti-Kominter-pact. Japan received e.g. the MG 15, MG 17 and MG 151/20 aircraft machine guns, production licences for various german aircraft engines and 20 mm Flak 30 and 3,7 cm Flak 18. Additonally german advisors started training of army and navy airborne troops in late 1940.

Germany received Mangane, Tungsten and other raw materials urgently needed for military production.

During the war Germany also sold a Tiger E, a Panther A, Me 262, Me 163 and other military hightech.

Yours

tom!:wink:

Didn’t the Germans also supply a V1 flying bomb which was reproduced as a piloted version by Japan?

Really? I thought the only Tiger was a Tiger Ausf. H which was missing some parts, like the Reload-Gunners Periscope etc. and then wasn’t sent to Japan …

The Tiger was then delivered to the Panzer Division ‘Das Reich’ if i remember right.

I am wondering what the japanese sign means - perhaps tom! can help me? :slight_smile:

Wait… where is the writing? The thing the guy was holding up is not japanese.

Ohhh… It means “good luck” 福 reads “fuku”.