Jaw returns

Jaw signed on today, rambled on in the German tank thread a bit. Has he answered PDF’s warning/ request for the source authority for his Chuck Yeager quote in the Operation clarion thread ?
:added later: It seems he has responded, still too snarky though.

Yeah, piss-poor response. I’ve slapped him down a bit and told him he needs a better source than “somewhere in two books you probably won’t bother to read”. If he does provide a proper citation, I’ll spend the 1p to get the book from Amazon and check it just so I can have the pleasure of booting him and sticking a Mod Edit on the end of his post saying it’s an invented quote…

Excellent. He does seem to like not answering questions in a very convoluted manner, almost like a politician.

I suspect that, unlike pdf27’s injury, the cause of JAW’s broken wing arises from excessive jerkin’ of his gherkin.

Which, perhaps, explains his jerky expression.

cheers.gif

Oh, he’s posting in the Panther thread. LOL I can’t wait. :mrgreen:

I beginning to wonder if we have a bit of a closet Hitler fetishist. He’s crediting the Fuhrer with ordering the 88mm gun onto the Tiger. I’ve never heard this and there seems to be a tinge of adulation in there…

Closet? He’s about as open as he can be and not get insta-banned.

Banned?

For expressing his opinion?

That is exactly how Nazi Germany started! :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFMpySg_UrM

Just got the Yeager book. To my complete and utter lack of surprise the page reference he’s given is actually Yeager talking about booze and strippers. I’ll try to read the entire first section tonight to confirm, but at this stage I’d be shocked if it’s a genuine quote.

Found the reference and the quote is in fact accurate - if extremely selective, because he goes on to talk at some length about how it was legitimate.

Do you think that he is just selectively editing to serve his World view in the thread, or just being careless.

Definitely the former - he hasn’t really selectively cut the quote, just taken it completely out of context.

He definitely likes to push his German everything is better than the Allies, and always by Hitler’s personal involvement. I can almost see him listening to marching music, and wearing a little paste on Mustache while he posts.:mrgreen:

I think he’s more the type of fanboy who thinks the uniforms were really cool and that therefore the Nazis can’t be as bad as they were cracked up to be…

Perhaps, but where do you think he likes to wear it? :wink: :smiley:

Well, to be authentic, Pic 1 .