Known Problems

Please be careful linking anything from the admin’s and mod’s section. As it is possible to redirect your self back to the link from that section. What im saying is that if you dig up something from the AandM archive room and you quote it outside the room in the general forum. A member will be able to link back to the archive room and see things not meant to be seen.

You can still quote from there but you must delete the tag number along with the quote. So if you look at the quote in code you will see a number right after the name…just delete that and it will delete the quote link. For instance if you look at this post. By Man of Stoat. The one that i quoted!!!

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3661

You will notice that one has a blue arrow directing you to the quote just above. The other does not coz i took it out. I could log in as my test self and hit that blue arrow and see everything in the mod room.

Please look out for anything that might be related back here. And be careful of quoting anything in the admin’s and mod’s section. Thanks

I know. That’s why I hesitate quoting MoS post in WW1 thread. I’m also wondering if searching for a certain post will give access to all posts.
In MoS case, could you search for Ferdinand on MoS’ posts with your test account and reach to his post back in Admin archive?

So after some changes and some double check it appears not to be a problem. However I would still follow my instructions above just to be sure. I ran things thru the test account and everything was good. I dont think anyone has stumbled onto the A&M section. However sometimes I get odd routes back to the old site. So let just play things safe and dont link things back to the A&M section.

So problem solved.

Please post any software gliches in the board here. All other issues we can discuss in the “things to be dealt with” or other threads.

Understood and I will comply, I now understand what your post in the other thread was about!

I think that this thread must be also on sugesstions and requests on software.

Beside attachments issue (http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?p=88614#post88614) I want to ask you if it’s possible to set 100 messages allowed instead of 50 on PM.

it is totally possible for me to do that when i was admin. i dont know if GS can do that now

Yes, I know that. But in both cases all depends on how large is the storage space on the server used by ww2admin.

Well ill just say this…i dont want to bump it up for all the members. Just remind them to delete their sent msgs. However since the staff probably get more PM’s then anyone…at least thats what im thinking then ill be more than happy to bump the number for staff members. I dont think ww2admin would have a problem with this. If I bumped everyone he might. So if everyone wants a bump to 100 ill do that for the staff members. I know i wouldnt mind.

Dani the attachments issue should be fixed!

Yes I get a fair few PM, however, most of them I delete in a short time. 100 would be better though.

Thanks mate.

And yes, 100 would be better for the staff members.

All staff members are allowed an inbox of 100 and can send “to” as many recipents as they wish.

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89097&postcount=22

For the second link:
Could we fix that link back to the old version with the old software? A redirect or something?

Edited: Thanks GS for 100 messages allowed. I also noticed that now I have that notification by e-mail with the PM included. And that’s good.

Not exactly sure whats going on there … might be ww2admins dept.

Yep. It seems also that the thread is frozen in time. Check the number of the post there on Firefly for instance.